995 experian, 365 equifax

Options
Hi All,

My first post here - I'm hoping for some help with my credit rating. I have a score of 995/999 on experian :) but a score of 365/700 on equifax. There is nothing bad in my report from what i can tell and I'm not on the CIFAS list.

Is it normal to have such a perfect score on one and such a comparatively appalling score on the other?

I have nothing bad on my reports from what i can tell. No CCJs, no late payments on anything ever, several closed lines of credit from closing bank accounts. I have a credit card which i use for business expenses and pay in full each month. I have health insurance, broadband, phone contract... all paid in full on time with direct debits. I cannot find anything negative on the report and yet my score at Equifax is 'poor' vs my experian being almost perfect. I have an ok income but sizeable assets and net worth and I own my home.

I'm looking to get a mortgage fairly soon and figured I should finally try to work out why my score is so low. My credit limit on my card is still 5k and they wont event let me increase that due to poor credit.

thanks
hugh

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The scores from the CRA’s are not real or used as a measure for your credit worthiness and eligibility by lenders.

So long as the data on your files is correct then that’s all you need to worry about.
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 March 2019 at 2:01PM
    Options
    Don't worry about your score because lenders neither use nor see you credit score, as it is for you eyes only. Lenders score you against the data held in your credit file, the data you submit in your credit application, added to the data the banking group may already hold on you (as an existing or old customer).

As stated by Gary, all you have to concern yourself with, is making sure the only data held in your credit files is of the positive kind.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Read the sticky.

Your scores are fictional, don't worry about them. Just concentrate on the data being correct.
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Both scores are made up and should be ignored equally.

As long as the data is correct on all three files, then there is nothing to worry about.

As well as your accounts, check for financial associates and ER.

Your low credit limit may be due to your income.
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,752 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hughht5 wrote: »
    Is it normal to have such a perfect score on one and such a comparatively appalling score on the other?

It is very difficult to explain randomly generated numbers. But, if you like collecting them carry on :wink:
  • hughht5
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills