Fake tax docs to open CSA claim 4 years on

Just wondered what anyone thinks about this ,yesterday i received a letter from the CSA telling me my ex wife has applied for a variation of maintenance which is based on a child maintenance agreement that expired in 2014.
With the letter and the accusation that I hadn’t declared my income for a period of time there was a 2 page document titled P11 deduction card(PAYE Details)
All this document contained was 12 payments of my salary and tax paid.
I had at the time jumped through hoops to satisfy the CSA with my declared earnings for this period however this document shows I was earning more but only slightly.
I contacted the previous employer who said they haven’t issued any P11d to any employees at all.
I contacted the HMRC who also state they have not had any contact with me ref my pay or tax details for some years and after describing the way the document was laid out, the chap immediately felt the document was fake as it sounds like it looks like a P11 deductions working sheet but actually it’s flawed, as it’s only got half the information on it that it should have, plus it does,nt contain a PAYE ref no.
Is there anyone out there that has experience on how to report fake documents of this nature because it’s an attempt to gain money from me by deception, and why the hell CSA haven’t recognised this fake doc is beyond me

Thnx

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    If you've received a letter from the CSA regarding a new claim it will be fake. The CSA doesn't open new claims.
  • BAFE
    BAFE Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yes its fake. The CSA was disbanded years ago. CMS now deal with these matters.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    PG1102 wrote: »
    Just wondered what anyone thinks about this ,yesterday i received a letter from the CSA telling me my ex wife has applied for a variation of maintenance which is based on a child maintenance agreement that expired in 2014.
    With the letter and the accusation that I hadn’t declared my income for a period of time there was a 2 page document titled P11 deduction card(PAYE Details)
    All this document contained was 12 payments of my salary and tax paid.
    I had at the time jumped through hoops to satisfy the CSA with my declared earnings for this period however this document shows I was earning more but only slightly.
    I contacted the previous employer who said they haven’t issued any P11d to any employees at all.
    I contacted the HMRC who also state they have not had any contact with me ref my pay or tax details for some years and after describing the way the document was laid out, the chap immediately felt the document was fake as it sounds like it looks like a P11 deductions working sheet but actually it’s flawed, as it’s only got half the information on it that it should have, plus it does,nt contain a PAYE ref no.
    Is there anyone out there that has experience on how to report fake documents of this nature because it’s an attempt to gain money from me by deception, and why the hell CSA haven’t recognised this fake doc is beyond me

Thnx

Isn't a P11 a mileage statement?
    If you claim any business mileage and the employer pays less than the 45p/mile then you can claim the tax difference back....but it's not classed as income.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    IIRC a P11D is the form used to notify the tax office of any benefits received by a taxpayer. ie not just mileage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure