Beelivery grocery shopping delivery app

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
edited 22 August 2018 at 1:33PM in Boost your income
Anyone used it before?

I downloaded and registered on it a few weeks ago and just got my first delivery request today. The order was for 9 grocery items and I get paid £7.70 on top for driving 1.5 miles round trip in total. The cost of the shopping and your delivery fee get paid into your bank account the next day.

Customers order their shopping on the app and pay upfront with their debit/credit card before the delivery request is pushed to you. You then go to any shop you like and purchase the items, enter the price, and upload a photo of the receipt. When you get to the customers property you ask for the 4 digit pin they have been sent, this confirms you have delivered the order on your app.

The orders do seem to be few and far between but that might because I don't live in a big city + it is rather expensive to order from.

In fact this would have been my second delivery but I had to cancel my first one as I was at work, although you can set your availability times in the account manager which I will be doing in future.

Sounds like an easy way to make a few extra pounds. :)

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    You need business insurance for your car.
  • antrobus wrote: »
    You need business insurance for your car.

Probably. :)
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Probably. :)

Well yes, you could 'not bother' and hope that if you do have a prang, that your insurance company doesn't find out that you were doing a delivery at the time. But if they do, it's likely your claim will be denied, and your insurance cancelled.

But anyway, someone contemplating this kind of work should really factor in all the costs. Including insurance.:)
    Well yes, you could 'not bother' and hope that if you do have a prang, that your insurance company doesn't find out that you were doing a delivery at the time. But if they do, it's likely your claim will be denied, and your insurance cancelled.

But anyway, someone contemplating this kind of work should really factor in all the costs. Including insurance.:)

Who is to say that the bag of shopping you are carrying isn't your own?

Anyway if you do have the relevant business cover then it is an ideal money maker which can be combined with other money making schemes like Uber, Amazon, Deliveroo, etc.
  • Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi there

Thanks for this - I've signed up. Will let you know how it goes.

EM x

PS - All ready have business insurance on my car so already factored...
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j

Who is to say that the bag of shopping you are carrying isn't your own?

Anyway if you do have the relevant business cover then it is an ideal money maker which can be combined with other money making schemes like Uber, Amazon, Deliveroo, etc.

Also technically the shopping is yours as you have bought it with your own money as Beelivery don't refund you + your fee until the next day.
  • Elliesmum wrote: »
    Hi there

Thanks for this - I've signed up. Will let you know how it goes.

EM x

PS - All ready have business insurance on my car so already factored...

Hi, have you had any deliveries yet?

I've just completed another delivery today for the same customer earning myself £7.75 for a 1.5 mile round trip. I was back in the house in under 20 mins.

I've had a few other delivery requests over the last few weeks too. Some I missed due to being at work or busy, one that was too far away in my eyes and during rush hour so couldn't be bothered with it so didn't accept it, and a few for a mental hospital for booze and fags which I also didn't accept.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Also technically the shopping is yours as you have bought it with your own money as Beelivery don't refund you + your fee until the next day.

So, you could be left with a whole load of shopping you don't personally want and be out of pocket for it. Sounds great.......not!
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• Wizzbang wrote: »
    So, you could be left with a whole load of shopping you don't personally want and be out of pocket for it. Sounds great.......not!

No you won't as the customer has already paid Beelivery for it and Beelivery will reimburse you the next day.
  • Read the T&Cs regards delivering alcohol and aquaint yourself with the laws and potential punishments for supplying alcohol to under 18s.

Other than that seems good.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport