Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies

Comments

• scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Phone fixed, again, so thats another £70 to a credit card.

On the upsdie the £25 from sb arrived, along with £1 from qmee I forgot to redeem the other day -so £26 withdrawn to the bank.

I also managed to get the last 75 points I needed to cash out on yougov, so that'll be £50 on its way in the net 4 weeks or so.

Monthly challenge at £65.11/£200.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Managed to do enough surveys this afternoon to hit pay out threshold on panelbase, it'll take a few days for the surveys to move from pending but as long as they do it'll be about £14 I can withdraw.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    No extra earnings yet today, but I ordered some new trail shoes last night, found them on sportshoes.com at a really good price + postage, so decided to see if I could find them for a better price elsewhere only to discover that sportshoes also sell through amazon, so bought the same shoes for the same price and same postage costs but using my amazon vouchers instead of direct - and as ss aren't on any of the cash back sites I use I haven't lost any cashback either.

Still need another pair of mud run shoes but as my current mud and trail pair have started to disintegrate I thought it was best to replace them for more day to day type off road running and keep the really disgusting ones for the next couple of mud runs if I can't find any at a good price - have my eye on a couple of brands but they don't come up on offer often.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    £1 amazon voucher arrived today - not sure where from though, possibly bigdl.

Walked from the males place in to town this morning, spent just under £7 in Mr L's. Ground coffee - a bag double the size of the typical supermarket ones for the same price - a pack of three cornish pasties which have become a lunchtime favourite before work, and some jars of pasta bake sauce.

Earnings wise I've got S'mores running on my tablet, sb apps on the android phone, and the two iphones (now the older ones seems to be working reasonably reliably while plugged in again) are running instagc videos.

Heading in to sb to see if I can find a survey or two to get to that first target before I set to work again on my email inbox surveys.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    A couple more qmee surveys and some searches and I've another £1 in paypal from them, along with £5 from pinecone.

So another £6 has been withdrawn to my bank account.

Monthly challenge now at £71.11/£200.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 18 September 2018 at 11:13PM
    Sorted out another box of books to send to ziffit, 10 books this time worth just under £5. But again done through tcb for the 10.1%

Just need to print a label and find time to go in to town before work to drop them off - got an earlier than normal start tomorrow, a very early start on Thursday (albeit it's practically a split shift so I might be able to go in to the town near work between time), and a "normal" start time on Friday but I've booked a mystery shop to be done then.

On the upside I finally got a recalculation from HMRC which looks correct so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my payslip will look a little healthier than it has done recently!

Also hit £5.43 on attapoll so redeemed it for paypal, as well as having done three citizenme surveys today so have withdrawn all £6 of that. Making my monthly challenge £77.11/£200.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• Pending survey credits moved to payable so have been claimed, £13 on its way to my bank.

Other than that not a lot achieved today as i spent most of my after work time studying.

Ought to have some free time tomorrow so plan to spend it working on some surveys in the inbox.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 20 September 2018 at 11:33PM
    Email from yougov today saying my payment has been sent, it's not showing in the bank yet but hopefully by Monday it will be.

Offered to do an overtime shift could be anything from 2 to 6 hours in one of the other restaurants at my employer - I've sneakily added it to my personal development plan for my course as "work with other outlets to get a greater overview of our business outlets", also sat a couple of exams this morning - I'm hopeful I'll have passed, although my revision was spotty at best!

My new running shoes were also delivered today - they're so pretty....these ones are only for off road runs, not mud runs so should stay fairly close to their current colour (which happens to match my mermaid running capris).

Thinking about getting another small shoal of pencil fish for one of my tanks - there are currently 4 coral red pencils in there and I think the tank can comfortably take the bioload of probably another 4 similar sized fish, I'm thinking pencils as there are so many varieties I ought to be able to find some which are another colour but all share similar behaviour traits so should shoal together and with any luck the Ram will ignore them as it does the existing fish - I think that will be a treat to myself from the tips purse when I find a local shop selling some.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Extra shift was interesting, felt really odd being at my work place but not in my normal areas or uniform and not having a clue what I was supposed to be doing!

It was interesting though, as much as some of the casuals who have done it in the past have said it's boring I disagree, I think I learned alot from it, but I possibly have a better view of what was going on and more interest as my career is hospitality and for most of them its a job while they're at school or college.

Annoyingly while trying to go home I had to stop to take a phone call then the car wouldn't restart. I called the AA, who were quoting a 2 hour+ wait (at 11.30pm), so I phoned and woke the male who came out with his car to jump mine - I had jump leads but no other people around to ask to borrow their car.

Then to compound the unfun parts my bedroom ceiling is leaky again. I've got in touch with my landlady who has replied that she'll come round with her husband to have a look as soon as she can - as best I can tell he still works in some capacity although they say they're retired - but I've let them know when I'm around this week so with any luck they can do my other day off or a morning before work.

Meanwhile money wise yougov money is in the bank account, so I can add £50 to my monthly challenge target £127.11/£200
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• Not achieved over much today - lazy lunch (instant noodles), and dinner (dinged a pastie, then followed it with popcorn).

I did go for a longer than normal run - just short of 7 miles about half of it was along a section of my local long distance footpath I haven't run before. Not as pretty as my usual sections of it so I think I'll stick to those in future.

SB and insta targets met for the day, it was a struggle so I haven't even looked at email surveys.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills