Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• sadixon wrote: »
    I changed to Avro when I moved home in July 2018 after being with EON for over 10 years. After thoroughly reviewing the market Avro had the best pricing for my needs. The switch went smoothly and I could see my details online on their very basic website. After submitting first monthly meter readings I was expecting to be able to view my bill online....nothing appeared. I waited for 10 days for their systems to update and still nothing appeared. I emailed Avro asking for them to update my account, I received an automated response stating that I would receive a response within 3 days...I never did. I emailed them a reminder and didn't even receive the automated response.
    I then tried to call and found it was impossible to get through and have the call answered even though the messaging system states you will only be waiting for a couple of minutes.On the 3rd consecutive day of trying and having waited for 30 minutes the call was eventually answered by a lovely lady who was very apologetic but cited Avro's success and new telephone system for the delays. She updated the system and my bill appeared online. I have since made 3 direct debit payments with the last one being made on 14th September, only 2 payments are showing online. I don't want to spend another couple of days trying to phone them and ask them to update my account. Fortunately, I am not tied in so will now be checking the market and moving on......I want to know that my payments are secure and certainly don't want to spend hours on the phone every month asking to have my account updated.

This is very helpful thank you. It pretty much mirrors my experience although after three months I still haven't managed to get any answers and don't have any bills showing. Like you I've looked elsewhere but the alternatives seem a lot more expensive. I also don't want to leave with my account in so much credit, and then struggle to get the funds back from them.
    Install 28th Nov 15, 3.3kW, (11x300LG), SolarEdge, SW. W Yorks.
    Install 2: Sept 19, 600W SSE
    Solax 6.3kWh battery
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 September 2018 at 1:15PM
    In the months I have been with Avro, I have always had a monthly statement - a bill is a demand for payment which would not be appropriate when paying by Direct Debit unless an additional payment is demanded.

My concern at the moment is that an already poor customer service is likely to get worse because of their involvement with the recent MSE "big switch" where MSE have supposedly arranged for "enhanced" customer service for the switchers. This suggests to me that these switchers are likely to be regarded as their priority, for the time being, at the expense of existing customers.

My previous supplier asked for meter readings only at six-month intervals but would generate a statement, if it received readings, at three-month intervals so I wouldn't personally be too concerned if I didn't receive a statement for three months from Avro. Since I read and send meter readings at monthly intervals, I keep a spreadsheet of my account with Avro so that I can avoid any surprises.

Once the big switch has ended perhaps customer service may improve for existing customers.

I get the impression this MSE switch could make or break Avro.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Leear
    Leear Posts: 59 Forumite
    In the months I have been with Avro, I have always had a monthly statement - a bill is a demand for payment which would not be appropriate when paying by Direct Debit unless an additional payment is demanded.

My concern at the moment is that an already poor customer service is likely to get worse because of their involvement with the recent MSE "big switch" where MSE have supposedly arranged for "enhanced" customer service for the switchers. This suggests to me that these switchers are likely to be regarded as their priority, for the time being, at the expense of existing customers.

My previous supplier asked for meter readings only at six-month intervals but would generate a statement, if it received readings, at three-month intervals so I wouldn't personally be too concerned if I didn't receive a statement for three months from Avro. Since I read and send meter readings at monthly intervals, I keep a spreadsheet of my account with Avro so that I can avoid any surprises.

Once the big switch has ended perhaps customer service may improve for existing customers.

I get the impression this MSE switch could make or break Avro.

I just had a look at the MSE Cheap Energy Club as there is only 8,500 offers left for the 18 month option, which I don't know is available to current Avro Customers?

I have just written to Avro again (3rd time) as my emails of the 18th and 24th have not been addressed:(:(

This time its about updating the my account to reflect may actual amount I'm in credit as is says £119.94 as of 30th August (which it was) but I paid a DD on the 21st September of £82, which is listed on my Avro account as a payment, so it should be (£119.94 + £82) £201.94:)
  • Leear wrote: »
    . . . I paid a DD on the 21st September of £82, which is listed on my Avro account as a payment, so it should be (£119.94 + £82) £201.94:)
    If it's listed as a payment then it's probably just a matter of time before a statement is generated which will reflect that.

Being a bit of a belt-and-braces type, myself, when it comes to Avro, I would take a screenshot of the payments list and file it with my statements. Just in case - you understand. :rotfl:
  • We switched to Avro through this website at the end of May. I've been supplying meter readings every month as requested, they've been taking my money via direct debit. No bills or statements are available on line.

Contacting by phone is impossible, I've been on hold listening to Muzak several times for 20 minutes and never spoken to an operator. I've written an email stating that I want a response within 7 days or I'm writing to the regulator.
  • We switched to Avro through this website at the end of May. I've been supplying meter readings every month as requested, they've been taking my money via direct debit. No bills or statements are available on line.
    Contacting by phone is impossible, I've been on hold listening to Muzak several times for 20 minutes and never spoken to an operator. I've written an email stating that I want a response within 7 days or I'm writing to the regulator.
    I understand your frustration. The problem is that the regulator only requires the supplier to provide at least one statement every 6 months (I believe that's the case) but you can request statements at quarterly intervals.

I can only suggest you draw up your own estimates based on your meter readings until statements are produced. Fortunately, the last four months' consumption will have been relatively low so you should be in credit. The next four months will likely be a somewhat different matter.

I would also suggest you keep asking for statements and sit tight till they are produced. If it takes too long then you might want to start their formal complaints procedure to get their attention. With their involvement with the MSE "big switch" at the moment, it could be a while before they get round to you.
  • There's a difference between meeting your regulatory obligations and providing customer service. I've moved between 5 energy providers in the last 10 years and this is a new experience. I'm all for new market entrants but the resources have to be in place to provide the service
  • Leear
    Leear Posts: 59 Forumite
    This morning (1st October) at 4.00am I got an email from Avro as a reminder asking me for my September meter readings, which I did yesterday (30th September).

Clearly Avro think we all have a time machine.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Leear wrote: »
    This morning (1st October) at 4.00am I got an email from Avro as a reminder asking me for my September meter readings, which I did yesterday (30th September) . . .
    Do you normally get a reminder on the 1st of each month?

This may have been an automated email which they seem to send about 3 days before the statement is due.
  • I've switched to Avro on the Simple and MSE Collective switch and received the renewal letter today showing this is a variable rate! Just wondering if anyone else who switched has noticed this as it should be a 18 month fixed rate. Tariff looks correct but no expiry date either.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback