secured loan

Options
hi i took out a loan in 2006 for 20000 of which 13000 was supposed to have been sent by my lender to another loan company this never happened and in 2014 i was taken to court for repossession on the loan. The loan was then sold to a debt recovery agency so i have 2 questions.
1 how do i get the money back they never paid to my other lender.
2 if the now own the debt do they own the repossession order that was taken out by the original lender?
i am furious that they are refusing to pay me back what i am owed i signed a contract for 20000 pounds and was given 7000 pounds i have proof via bank statements and the company have also admitted the cheque was never cashed.
which i also have in writing.

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    what happened between 2006 and 2014 re searching for the missing £13k?
  • foxy-stoat
    Options
    I would of thought you call up the second lender and ask for the missing £13K - what have you been doing for the last 12 years when you have been paying the £20K loan back with regards to the £13K that should of been paid? I would of thought that you would of been on the case of the new loan company to make sure that happened.
  • sausage71
    Options
    nothing because we didnt realise it had not been paid
  • sausage71
    Options
    we thought it had been paid as we get a mortgage statement showing all our loans on it and we originally had five loans and the statement only showed four on it so we thought it had been paid it was only in january this year when i was asking when these loans would come to a end and the woman i was speaking to regarding the loans made me aware that the 5th loan wasactually seperate and not on the statement.
    my problem i have now is the time that has passed as FO have been blocked from investigating this matter due to time constraints but i am being told that if i take them to court that this time constraint does not apply to a judge looking into the fact that they are still in breach of contract for nor forfilling what we requested.

any advice
  • sausage71
    Options
    i am about to send them a letter with all of my evidence to back up my claim for the missing number and with a demand they pay or i will be taking them to court.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure