Need to confirm IVA is settled to claim ppi

How can I find details of who I had an IVA with over ten years ago? It’s not on my credit file and I can’t claim my ppi with Santander until I prove I paid my IVA. But I can’t remember who it was with.

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How can I find details of who I had an IVA with over ten years ago? It!!!8217;s not on my credit file and I can!!!8217;t claim my ppi with Santander until I prove I paid my IVA. But I can!!!8217;t remember who it was with.

Do you actually need to tell them any information like that, I didnt.

If you cant remember and you didnt keep any paperwork, completion certificate I am not sure you can find out if it was 10 years ago.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,833 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    As above, why bring a ten year old IVA into the equation ?

No records will exist now, they are only kept 6 years normally.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • So, if you had and IVA which was successfully completed & satisfied say 12-13 years ago and the IVA company had since themselves been dissolved and were no more, if you found out you have been awarded ppi would be intitled to keep it?
  • foxy-stoat
    frank87321 wrote: »
    So, if you had and IVA which was successfully completed & satisfied say 12-13 years ago and the IVA company had since themselves been dissolved and were no more, if you found out you have been awarded ppi would be intitled to keep it?

Yes I would say you can keep it, but I do not work for a IP nor have seen your IVA contract.
  • Thank you. Well Santander won!!!8217;t pursue my ppi claim unless I have proof of a certificate and completion! Seems to me banks are now finding any excuse they can not to pay out!
  • foxy-stoat
    Thank you. Well Santander won!!!8217;t pursue my ppi claim unless I have proof of a certificate and completion! Seems to me banks are now finding any excuse they can not to pay out!

How did they know you where on an IVA a decade ago?
  • I am having the same problem with santander. Problem is i havent paid it all, but they have no way of proving it so am stuck in limbo. Claims guys calling me but im not going to pay it untill i have confirmation of the money going towards the debt
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,775 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am having the same problem with santander. Problem is i havent paid it all, but they have no way of proving it so am stuck in limbo. Claims guys calling me but im not going to pay it untill i have confirmation of the money going towards the debt

You need to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman about this as a CMC should not take on a case where the client has an IVA or similar as the money will be offset against the debt and you may not see a penny of it but they will still demand their fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure