Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

Expression of Wishes Advice

2»

Comments

• missterri
    missterri Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2018 at 7:34PM
    The Pension company were supposed to have written to my partners sister asking her if she wished to make a claim on the fund; however, they failed to write to her despite insisting that they had (which they now freely admit some 9 months later and have now supposedly written to her and I now have to wait another sixty days for a decision); - infact, they later sent the forms to me to pass on to his sister (truly) which I could have easily filled in and returned stating she did not wish to claim !!! (what a sham).
    All I am concerned about is ensuring his sister does not get a cent as my partner truly did not want his sister getting her hands on anything, hence why he wrote a Will leaving his entire estate to me and also a codicil stating why he hadn't included anyone else in his will. The reason I want to see the EOW is I know his sister was never named as a beneficiary.

yes, my partner and I legally lived together for 18 years, had a joint and individual bank accounts, bills in each others names, shared credit cards etc.
  • missterri
    missterri Posts: 5 Forumite
    Thank you to everyone for your input, I value your opinions and ideas, I will definitely be using some of the information you have suggested to me and I am also going to go down the route of the Pension Ombudsman. I will also seek legal advice... I will be sure to let you all know the final outcome but in the meantime please keep you thoughts and suggestions coming :) Thanks all xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure