IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

More G24 Breach of Contract letters in Scotland

124»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    It's a DRP letter using G's letterhead (look who you have to pay). Ignore it.

G24 have never ventured into a courtroom in England or Wales where it's infinitely easier to pursue parking cases than in Scotland, so why on earth would they start doing so in a Sheriff Court in Scotland.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, Gladstones have never been anywhere near a Sheriff Court in the context of a private parking charge.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Thanks guys - I genuinely appreciate your taking time to reply and provide these nuggets of information. The reference on 'gladrags' (love that) letter starts with a 4.

I find your comment about the letter possibly not being issued directly by Gladrags interesting as the letter says not to contact Gladrags because it '... may not be considered'.

They state that the right to take action in a Civil Court is theirs for 6 years. The newbies thread says to keep all the letters for 5 years. I don't mind keeping it all for 6 years, but I'm interested to know if 'gladrags' have got their number wrong... does anyone know?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    They can chase a debt for up to six years in England and Wales but for five years in Scotland.

The Limitation Act 1980 and Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 refer.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    I'm interested to know if 'gladrags' have got their number wrong... does anyone know?
    https://www.scotlanddebt.co.uk/articles/personal-debt/statute-barred-debt-scotland

Confirms further that DRP are just dishing out standard England and Wales only templates.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • for info... retailer were no help at all when we showed the first 'fine' letter and went to them for an explanation as the driver had no clue it was time restricted parking. Very much a polite, but, 'not our problem' response. No receipt kept. Paid in cash.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    pearlsofwisdom

Seriously, you must not take any notice of the
    Gladstones rubbish, pimped out letterheads and
    DRP is the base level they run their business on.

Doubt Gladstones would venture near Scotland,
    they have enough problems being whooped in
    the south
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    it also shows how stoopid DRPL are in sending out template drivel that is dubious in E & W to people in Scotland with misleading information on them , never mind the pimped out letterhead

this is one way we can tell it is DRPL drivel, because they threaten E & W points of law to a country that has different laws and rules in some cases, and seeing as they have had 38 years to get it right you would think they would do by now

pay peanuts , you get monkeys

I would say that if anything were to change it would be as a result of the new PPN Private Members Bill by Sir Greg Knight , which until we see the details we wont know , plus we wont know if its retrospective or not
  • Thanks guys - I genuinely appreciate your taking time to reply and provide these nuggets of information. The reference on 'gladrags' (love that) letter starts with a 4.

I find your comment about the letter possibly not being issued directly by Gladrags interesting as the letter says not to contact Gladrags because it '... may not be considered'.

They state that the right to take action in a Civil Court is theirs for 6 years. The newbies thread says to keep all the letters for 5 years. I don't mind keeping it all for 6 years, but I'm interested to know if 'gladrags' have got their number wrong... does anyone know?

Can you give us an update on this? How did it play out? Did you get any more letters?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    jimmuck wrote: »
    Can you give us an update on this? How did it play out? Did you get any more letters?

There's no need to spam the board asking the same question over and over to people that haven't been back.

If you have an issue start your own thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure