NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Complain to Natwest and ask for compensation.

Marked as spam
  • Just had NatWest complaints team on the phone, confirmed my £125 will definately be coming to me before 27th April and an additional £50 compensation due to the inconvenience caused! Call that a result! :-)
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I just had a call from the complaints team too. They have also told me the date of 27 April for payment of the switching bonus.

I had asked for compensation in my complaint and the lady I dealt with started out by offering me a "gift", asking if I drank wine or would like some high street/Amazon vouchers - she offered £20. I asked for cash instead (I wouldn't have minded vouchers as such as I would use them but I am going away on holiday in a few days so won't be in to receive them) which she said was OK and I also said that I'd seen other customers on internet forums getting more than that. She said all customers' circumstances are different so they didn't offer a flat amount, but did up it to £30 so I am expecting that to arrive in my account soon. Result, assuming that and the bonus do turn up :-)
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Anyone got a call back from NatWest after filling in their online form. Or even got an email acknowledging that NW have received the form?
    tia :)
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    gocat wrote: »
    Anyone got a call back from NatWest after filling in their online form. Or even got an email acknowledging that NW have received the form?

Yes - see above. Logged complaint online at about 1.30pm yesterday, took a screenshot of it too. The e-mail logging it turned up at 6.30pm last night and they called me at 11.00am today. I think they have a bit of a backlog...
  • vienly
    vienly Posts: 237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    gocat wrote: »

Yes done the form yesterday morning, received an automated email response, and just got a call from a kind lady now in regards to it being a 'techinical fault' and that it will be paid by the 27th April.

Although no mention of a compensation, which I asked for on the form..... nevermind.

Didn't want to sound too cheeky on the phone as my account balance is 0p lol
  • gocat
    Yes - see above. Logged complaint online at about 1.30pm yesterday, took a screenshot of it too. The e-mail logging it turned up at 6.30pm last night and they called me at 11.00am today. I think they have a bit of a backlog...
    Thanks. Did my online form yesterday evening about 8pm so need to be patient :D
  • steveing64
    steveing64 Posts: 109 Forumite
    Logged my online complaint yesterday about 4pm Ive just had a call from Nat West to say i was entiled to the offer will have by 27th April and have put £30 into my account as compensation so well happy with that fingers crossed no more problems
    3.6Kwh PV System, Lg Panels , Growatt Inverter South Facing, 23 deg Roof Facing, Stoke on Trent
  • gocat
    Must depend on who calls you. Just had the call. Said money will be in by 27th April but she can push to have it paid earlier to me if I want and if Im happy with that. I said I am happy to wait till 27th April and mentioned about compensation and she said as its a switch bonus they do not have to pay compensation but she said she can put it through as a complaint if I want. So I said yes and she will get back to me later this afternoon.
  • gocat
    Well shes phoned back early and offered me £10. I said escalate it to complaints.
    blimmin cheek.
    I got someone called Helen. Who have the others spoken too?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure