Economy 7

13»

Comments

• Talldave wrote: »
    You're entitled to your opinion, and Gerry1 and I ours....

When I did take up a Yorkshire Energy E7 tariff recently the break even point was just 15% off peak.

We can all see you and Gerry1 often have the same opinion ;)

What is surprising here, is that you actually agree with me on this.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Apologies for being a doom merchant, but I hope it doesn't all end in tears. If you haven't even checked the lease you could be in for some nasty surprises. Why is there no CH? Sounds like you've been sold a pup.

Apart from the grief an all-electric property may cause you, you may well find that it will be very hard to get a quick sale at a good price when you want to move on.
  • BKD1972
    BKD1972 Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Gerry1 wrote: »
    Apologies for being a doom merchant, but I hope it doesn't all end in tears. If you haven't even checked the lease you could be in for some nasty surprises. Why is there no CH? Sounds like you've been sold a pup.

Apart from the grief an all-electric property may cause you, you may well find that it will be very hard to get a quick sale at a good price when you want to move on.

The searches are being done, I've asked questions regarding the lease and asked to see energy bills
  • BKD1972
    Just revisited the EPC

It was done in July last year and is rated at 74 and installing high retention storage heaters are commended to take it up to 82
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    High retention storage heaters (e.g. clever ones such as Dimplex Quantum) may be the least worst option if you really can't have Gas CH, but they're really a last resort especially if you have a job and are out all day. But why go for expensive electricity if you can have gas? Storage heaters tend to be suitable only for retired people who are at home all day and like the low capital costs and that they can be moved to a new property.

Incidentally, I'm always surprised why people buy electric tumble dryers when gas ones are so much cheaper to run. I've just bought a new one with an A+ energy rating: the last one lasted 31 years (yes, really !) and paid for itself umpteen times over. :)
  • BKD1972
    Gerry1 wrote: »
    High retention storage heaters (e.g. clever ones such as Dimplex Quantum) may be the least worst option if you really can't have Gas CH, but they're really a last resort especially if you have a job and are out all day. But why go for expensive electricity if you can have gas? Storage heaters tend to be suitable only for retired people who are at home all day and like the low capital costs and that they can be moved to a new property.

Incidentally, I'm always surprised why people buy electric tumble dryers when gas ones are so much cheaper to run. I've just bought a new one with an A+ energy rating: the last one lasted 31 years (yes, really !) and paid for itself umpteen times over. :)

yes, the dimplex are ones i've looked at. I'm stuck with the least worst option.
  • tim_p
    tim_p Posts: 689 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Fischer? For goodness sake, read the thread on here about them.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Peruse this thread to learn about Fischer and their ilk

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3516223&highlight=fischer
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • BKD1972
    matelodave wrote: »
    Peruse this thread to learn about Fischer and their ilk

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3516223&highlight=fischer

I'll swerve those :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport