Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    adindas wrote: »
    I undersatnd the previous issue of Halifax Regular saver : No withdrawal. But early closure is allowed.

There is a new REgular saver paying a better interest rate of 2.5%

https://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/accounts/fixed-term/regular-saver/#

Has anyone manged to close the oldRS and open a new one immediately to get a better interest rate ? Thanks

The old one is the same 2.5%. What is the point to close it?
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Is it possible to close the old one with no penalty and immediately open the new one ? thanks
    It depends which old one you have. You'll have to check the conditions.
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 878
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Has anyone managed to you open YBS Monthly Regular Saver i2 if you already have I1
    Yes! And we used the passbooks for the earlier regular saver to check for membership details.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,022
    Forumite
    The old one is the same 2.5%. What is the point to close it?

I had one paying 2% which matured last month, so it started paying 2.5% sometime within the last year
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • surreysaver
    Forumite
    Is it possible to close the old one with no penalty and immediately open the new one ? thanks

Surely your old one must be maturing soon? I think you can close the old one if you like, but the penalty will be you cannot open a new one until a year after you opened the old one.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,113
    Forumite
    Surely your old one must be maturing soon? I think you can close the old one if you like, but the penalty will be you cannot open a new one until a year after you opened the old one.

Despite this term, my understanding is that you can open a new one within those 12 months. ;)

Having said all that, if your account is due to mature within the next couple of months @ 2% then surely it's worthwhile to keep it open up until maturity - unless they pay interest correctly up until day of closure?
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,805
    Forumite
    edited 11 August 2018 at 11:26AM
    pafpcg wrote: »
    Yes! And we used the passbooks for the earlier regular saver to check for membership details.

I just called them a few minutes ago. She said you could only have one monthly RS at a time. But it is aloowed to close the old one and open the new one at the time of application.

I just wonder does anyone else have regular monhtly saver i1 running pararel at the same time with regular monhtly saver i2 under the same name ? Thank
  • surreysaver
    Forumite
    I just called them a few minutes ago. They said you could only have monthly RS at a time.

But it is possible to close to old one and open the new one at the time of application ?

I just wonder does anyone else have regular monhtly saver i1 running pararel at the same time with regular monhtly saver i2 under the same name ? Thank

https://www.ybs.co.uk/savings/product.html?id=YB570465B

The person on the phone is incorrect. The T&Cs state only if you have an Issue 2 you cannot have another Issue 2.
  • IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,069
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Forumite
    https://www.ybs.co.uk/savings/product.html?id=YB570465B

The person on the phone is incorrect. The T&Cs state only if you have an Issue 2 you cannot have another Issue 2.

As the above link shows, you can only have one Issue 2 account at a time.

The rules say:

"You can only hold one account in your name, unless you are acting as a trustee. If you are named on more than one Monthly Regular Saver: Issue 2 account (excluding accounts opened on a trustee basis), the most recent account opened will be transferred to the Triple Access Saver."

I have the Yorkshire 2% Regular saver and I opened an Issue 2 in a branch on the day it was launched, using my 2% regular saver passbook as part of my evidence of who I was.

The member of staff I spoke to said that they'd anticipated that the Issue 2 would be most popular with the customers who already had the 2% Regular Saver. :)
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,194
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Re the YBS monthly reg saver i2, at the top of the application form are you meant to fill out the account number and date opened for any other existing YBS account to help them ID you or is it to leave blank for them to complete with your new i2 account details?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure