posting big items.........plz help

Options
hi i v got a 6ft sipderman 3d promo stand i want to put on ebay it only weighs 3.5kg but because of the lenght of it no one will take it or they are charging about £30-£40, i am going to put pick up as an opt as well but the deliver charges will put most buyers off.

eny idears?
Mark Hughes' blue and white army

Comments

• wirm
    wirm Posts: 5,273 Forumite
    Options
    emmm, thats a hard one. I think that you could just put the £30/£40 delivery on and also leave a message saying that it is the cheapest delivery you could do but if a buyer can find it cheaper any where else then something could be arranged! :)
  • PinMan
    PinMan Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    This is a tricky one and something which I have personally come across :(

I was selling some ski's and the courier price I was quoted was £30 for delivery - so I put that on the auction.

The trouble came when the person who won the item (for less than the courier charge I hasten to add!) started arguing about the courier costs - saying they could get it cheaper, etc, etc >:(

In the end I'd had a gutsful of it all and I let them organise their own courier as it was less hassle for me ...... and to this day I still await the courier collecting them , even though I'd been paid for the item (ex. delivery) ???

The morale of the story is, either (a) let them pick it up or (b) arrange their own courier - and make both of them perfectly clear on the item description!

Good luck ;D
  • fairygirl_2
    Options
    thanks for the help i have email parcelforce to see what they say.
    thanks Manguish but i have already checked https://www.parcel2go.com and they have a smaller max size than parcelforce >:(
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
  • steeev
    steeev Posts: 336 Forumite
    Options
    there was a thread recently in the forum saying Staples have a postal service whereby they charge a flat rate of £7.99 no matter what the size the item is, do a search and maybe you could try that?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure