Transaction details on statement

Options
Where a personal account is in two (or more) names it would sometimes be useful to know which card was used for a particular transaction. Do others agree with me or know whether this is in fact possible?

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,623 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My Amex card shows whether I or DH made the transaction. Not sure if it is on the statement but it is certainly visible online
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 May 2018 at 1:19PM
    Options
    BOS current accounts show card last 4 digits.
    Santander CC shows card last 4.
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    However some cards do not have individual numbers for additional card holders (Sainburys for example) and so cannot differentiate.
  • Dal_Whinnie
    Dal_Whinnie Posts: 204 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you for those various comments, I actually have a Santander CC and current account but only look on the statement (which I store electronically) and the download which I use to put in my spreadsheet and neither of those show the individual card details. However, looking online, I see that they do in fact show them when you view transactions so that is useful to help when I can't recall a transaction!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure