NST December: Debt Destruction December

Comments

• Me please :)
    Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1400 DFD 31/7/24 5 months to go…. 16 weeks 

• I failed again in November by not posting but will make an effort with December.

Thanks apple
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning,

I would like to join please :)
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    I failed again in November by not posting but will make an effort with December.

Thanks apple

You did not fail. You may have missed some of your targets but you did not fail. You tried your best and dealt with what life threw at you, be kind to yourself.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    May I join again please? x
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Followed this thread for a while but going to take the jump and join up please Apple. A number of the things on your list have slipped recently so hopefully this will encourage me to get back on track.

Thanks
    Worklifebalance
    SPC #459 no 8 2015 £203 2016 £157 2017 £70
    starting mortgage £120,000 June 2012
    OP 2015 £5000, 2016 #57 £28866/ £25000
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Can I join please Applemuncher been away from the fold too long and its starting to show.:eek:
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Exterminate - plan now what you will be renouncing for the first 10 days of December. And tell us what it is. I'm giving up a specific game on my tablet that sucks in my time and energy. And I'll not replace it by playing a different game!

Remember - many are doing a 'reverse advent' by donating an item per day to food banks. Spend your allocated £5 at the start of the month so that the foodbanks have time to collect, log and distribute it.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • I am going to exterminate TV, I am going to do no TV for the first 10 days (except for the small, he would be heartbroken if we didn't have movie night), then I am only going to give myself Saturdays to watch anything I need to catch up on. I think this will help me be a lot more productive with my revision and help my mental health too.

My smalls school is doing a reverse advent, I was going to donate a couple of things but now I'm thinking I will still add those couple of things but also donate an extra £5-£10 worth of stuff for this challenge. All the food is going to my local food bank so it just saves me having to find where to donate otherwise. I hope this is ok? Please tell me if its not. Also once I have donated and no longer have this area to report am I ok to change my R to revision? I have 5 exams in January and really need to focus on my revision.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • I'm joining Apple in giving up the silly computer game on my tablet. I'm going to download some books and read instead.
    I love the idea of a reverse advent but, as far as I can see, there is no food bank where I'm going on holiday. Might find somewhere when I get there but might have to think of something else. Any ideas?
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure