Are we nearly there yet?

Options

Comments

• Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    redofromstart Someone told me that once I'd sprayed the mould with the bleach stuff that the mould was then dead and I'd be fine... I've done it now so it's too late to worry I guess. Do you know what's causing your mould?
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • Pauper1
    Options
    I'm feeling a bit muddly, so I'm doing a mid-(pay)month re-jig of the accounts.

I've managed to transfer £26.99 from my 'bills' account in to 'groceries' - I guess because I cancelled and changed a few things earlier in the month. But all our bills are accounted for.

We've used our 'buffer' account a bit recently, and it needs £422.49 put in it to bring it back up to where I want it. DH should be getting a bonus this month so hopefully that will cover it. If not, I'll hopefully be able to put in £35 a month to pay it back.

We took £556.70 out of our 'yearly spends' account in July for car and travel insurance, and we've got £370.27 to pay back. We're paying about £45 a month so will be all topped up by the time the insurance comes round again, in 8 months. Ideally we'd be putting in closer to £158 a month so we are pre-empting the rest of the spends rather than just covering what has been spent, but that's very much out of reach at the moment!

We took £380 out of our 'emergency' account to pay for the washing machine, so I have set up a standing order of £31 a month back in to that account.

Okay, so I've got £196.03 for the rest of this pay month. I've just done a food shop, so should only need another £50 for next week's shop. DH will need about 1.5 tanks of petrol to last until the 19th I think, so about £65. That leaves £81 for 'other', including DS's party costs.

I feel much better now!
  • Pauper1
    Options
    I've put the £81 in to the 'buffer' account for now, at least it's counting towards the interest sat in there.

Next month's budgets:

Income - £1811.35 (ignoring bonus)

Bills - £1299.81
    Groceries - £214 (£50 a week)
    Petrol - £129 (£4.30 a day based on estimates for current month)

Christmas - I've got 10 presents left to get, which I usually budget £10 each for, but I also have a £5 Amazon voucher, so I'll say £95 for that.

Leaves £73.54 which will probably get swallowed up by random Christmas spends and outings. Hopefully I can make a bit of money from PA/SB/TCB and selling bits as well.
  • Pauper1
    edited 7 November 2017 at 12:01PM
    Options
    Today's to do list (leftover from yesterday):
    • [STRIKE]empty out the fridge of old food[/STRIKE]
    • complete flying tasks
    • phone bank to check switch is going ahead
    • [STRIKE]adjust budgets for rest of the month[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]remind DH to phone o2 and cancel his contract (turns out I need to do it anyway as the contract is in my name...)[/STRIKE]
    • arrange collection of car
  • Pauper1
    edited 8 November 2017 at 10:54AM
    Options
    Goodness, are these frogs ever going to go away?! Leftover to-do list from Monday:
    • [STRIKE]phone bank to check switch is going ahead[/STRIKE] Half sorted - we're still eligible for the cashback but I need DH to leave me his bank card and then call back tomorrow or later
    • [STRIKE]arrange collection of car[/STRIKE] Also, annoyingly half sorted - I need to drop off some documents to the person who is going to collect it for me, but then that's my part done

Today's list:
    • package up KK
    • complete "homework" for counselling and call them up to explain phone problems etc
    • uni work
    • flying

Tomorrow I need to head into town, pick up order from Superdrug and post a parcel, so hopefully DS is better. Otherwise I suppose I could do it Friday AM when he's with my mum.

DS slept really badly last night so we're both struggling a bit this morning. I've just made us a "moofie" (smoothie) to get a bit of a sugar rush going haha. I've stripped his bed and airing out the mattress til we go back up, as I never do that and I probably should! There's a wash on in my brand new machine and it's so quiet. I'm a bit in love with it. Dad was impressed with my choice, especially as it's A+++ energy rated. Quite something to make him proud over my washing machine haha.

Have a lovely day everyone

9.45am - have S&S kitchen and bathroom, airing out our beds, opened the windows, emptied the kitchen bins, sorted out the WM packaging into correct bins (that I'd just thrown out the back door last night, whoops), done the washing up and got us dressed. Now about to have another coffee before tackling anything else. I think on productive days I get too carried away and wear myself out for the next day. I don't think I ever completely recovered from CFS and just need to accept that I can't just keep going and going.
  • Pauper1
    edited 9 November 2017 at 4:46PM
    Options
    Leftover to-do list from Monday:
    • [STRIKE]phone bank to check switch is going ahead Half sorted - we're still eligible for the cashback but I need DH to leave me his bank card and then call back tomorrow or later will call this afternoon as I have all the details now[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE] arrange collection of car. Also, annoyingly half sorted - I need to drop off some documents to the person who is going to collect it for me, but then that's my part done [/STRIKE]
    • package up KK
    • complete "homework" for counselling and call them up to explain phone problems etc

Today's list:
    • uni work
    • [STRIKE]flying[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]go to shops[/STRIKE]

Today's list is much smaller thankfully, so I should be able to catch up with my leftover lists! DS is getting very grumpy now so it might be time for his nap shortly. I've had a headache for two days, I hope I'm not catching whatever DS has.
  • Pauper1
    Options
    Our bank switch date has been set for the 20th, and then we should get the £250 cashback 70 days after that (I think... combination of loud office there, loud child here, not great signal and possibly a Glaswegian accent made it a little difficult for me to be 100% sure about anything she was saying)

Just did a little online calculation, and it says that 70 days from 20th will be 29th January, which would be amazing because that's the day we go on holiday for DH's 30th birthday!
  • Pauper1
    Options
    I mentioned earlier in the week about our washing machine breaking and us running out of bedding. We fixed the washing machine problem and decided we needed to buy a third set of bedding ("one on, one in the wash and one on the drawer" as I always hear!) in case this happens again, but especially for once the baby arrives as I remember going through sheets constantly when DS was tiny (he was refluxy and I kept leaking milk everywhere!)

I just had a quick look on Argos and saw that the bedding that we already have is on offer. £13.49 for a superking set is pretty nifty! Plus 1% something cashback on TCB (okay, so that's 13p but still...) They've got a few different ones on there, so here's a linky to our one: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5436624
  • Pauper1
    Options
    DH has just told me he's getting a bonus of £621 in November, so most, if not all, of that will go back in to the 'buffer' account. It needs to be at £798 for me to be happy. I can't remember how I worked that out originally but there was some sort of reasoning behind it.

I put £81 "spare" in to the buffer account but since then I've paid my Next account and bought the spare bedsheets so I have £40 of that left. We still need some bits for DS's party, plus DH is off next week which is always spendy, and we'll need to buy a thankyou present when our car gets brought back tomorrow, so I think that will quickly disappear.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Annoying when events make you spend money. I'm having that trouble at the moment :(.

At least you are keeping track of it all anyway :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure