Advice please re Scottish power and gas connection

Options
denise38
denise38 Posts: 422 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 5 February 2018 at 11:25AM in Water bills
My daughter moved into a student flat July 2017 .there was a problem initially finding who supplier was but transpired it is Scottish power. Cut a long story short 7 months down the line and we have just managed to get account details and set up electricity and generated a bill . Despite months of phone calls and hours in the phone over last few weeks they still have not provided an account number for gas despite them confirming they are the supplier . initially they have blamed wrong address details girls are 3/2 and they have something different . 4 tines we have been through this and still no gas . I lost the plot last week and wouldnt be fobbed of . I have a ref no that explains everything they just have to read . They assured me it would be done for 31dt jan. surprise surprise it hasn!!
I dont know where to go now surely it!!!8217;s not fair that they are denying the girls the right to cheaper fuel . They are on expensive tarrif and until we get acc details they can!!!8217;t pay and move .
Their rental company have a bill for month between old and then moving in but are banging their head against a brick wall as the bill they have is wrong . Meter readings are wrong .sp can tell me that they have a gas reading which is correct but still nothing .
Girls are worried about having a huge bill that will need paid right away .
They have put money aside but its getting a bit desperate now they want the bill paid and moved on .
Any one offer any help I am going down the ombudsman route as soon as .
I have never met a calorie yet I didn't like!!

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Hi,
    You have posted this in the 'Water Bills' forum.

I hope you have put some of the above in writing to SP??

The ombudsman will not take action until you have filed a formal complaint.
  • baldelectrician
    baldelectrician Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    denise38 wrote: »
    Despite months of phone calls and hours in the phone over last few weeks they still have not provided an account number for gas despite them confirming they are the supplier

The gas meter has a serial number on the front- give them this and they can locate the meter from that
    baldly going on...
  • Shavuot
    Shavuot Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    Too late everyone, the OP has not returned since the day she created this thread back in February.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure