Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 614
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    pafpcg wrote: »
    It finally arrived at 14:00! Still 2.25%. Maturity date is 20 April 2019.

Don't all rush - the website is already slowing down at 14:12. I completed two applications and by the time I finished the second, each page change was grindingly slow.

Their website says I can withdraw money at any time, so if I do say 6 months down the line, will the rate still be the same or do they penalise one for doing so?
  • liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 614
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    good question - mine matures at the start of July so I will be watching your progress with this.
    I've just had a look and its up to issue 14 paying 2.55% - how did that happen so quickly - have they jumped a few issues or have they been re-issuing every few weeks?

http://www.leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk/savings/regularsaver/

When it does mature, we'll then be able to get this one, or whatever number they will be on at that point! :beer:
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    liamcov wrote: »
    Their website says I can withdraw money at any time, so if I do say 6 months down the line, will the rate still be the same or do they penalise one for doing so?
    The Virgin Money regular e-savers have, to date, been instant access with no penalty for withdrawals. You can have the interest paid monthly if you want reassurance?
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    My Leeds Issue 5 matures soon - how far in advance can I request closure and will they send me a cheque without having to visit a branch?

Approximately two weeks before maturity they will notify you of your maturity options. My maturity options from LBS before have included transfer to another bank or building society.
    mhoc wrote: »
    I've just had a look and its up to issue 14 paying 2.55% - how did that happen so quickly - have they jumped a few issues or have they been re-issuing every few weeks?

There is a new issue every month to move the maturity date forward a month.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 878
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

It's a fixed rate account, so you'll receive 2.25% interest until April 2019 on based on whatever you've had in the account at the end of each day. I've never withdrawn funds from my Virgin Money regular savers prior to maturity but I assume from the documentation that you can treat it as an easy-access account except that the maximum amount you can deposit is £250 in every month.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,805
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 April 2018 at 1:18PM
    I have seen there is information regarding N&P regular saver can be opened in YBS.

I already have saving with YBS and I called YBS a while ago and I was informed that all of N&P accounts had to be opened in N&P branch and not in YBS.

I think here it will depend on the branch policy some allow you to do that some do not. So if you are about to open an N&P saving account make sure you check it first before wasting your time traveling.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 47
    First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 April 2018 at 3:50PM
    adindas wrote: »
    I have seen there is information regarding N&P regular saver can be opened in YBS.

I already have saving with YBS and I called YBS a while ago and I was informed that all of N&P accounts had to be opened in N&P branch and not in YBS.

Useful information. Presumably when N&P savings ceases to exist (from 9th July 2018), all regular savers will be, or will become, YBS ones anyway. I'm surprised they are being so strict on the rules at YBS branches given the N&P brand is dying.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,695
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Virgin RS4 matures tomorrow, what is the odds on them getting it right this time :eek:
  • molerat wrote: »
    Virgin RS4 matures tomorrow, what is the odds on them getting it right this time :eek:

Was just about to post the same thing! I reckon we should have sweepstake about how long it takes for the funds to be converted into the easy access reward account.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    molerat wrote: »
    They had got it right for my Manchester Matchday Saver, which matured on March 20 2018.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure