Comments

• k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And todays award for best crashing of a post goes to :rotfl:
    MABLE wrote: »
    UPDATE UPDATE

I bought the item today only to find out and confirmed by the retailer the remote control was faulty. Obviously its not meant to be so have will not now be purchasing the item.
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,478 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jmdnnlln wrote: »
    If anyone uses the VERY catalogue then beware it could affect your credit rating.

So today I'm informed my wife's credit report has dropped substantially:shocked:.. Confused I dug a little deeper, it turns out my wife had no direct debit set up on her account, and although she has made numerous payments off any outstanding balance, NO MONEY was used to pay THE DELIVERY CHARGE!!.

That's right, pay as much off the account as much as you want, but they wont deduct it off the delivery charge.

Instead they list it as ARREARS..:mad:

What sort of company stuffs it's customers credit report like this WITHOUT any notification even though they have her email address?.

We are soon to be applying for a new mortgage on another property this is just too stupid beyond belief all for £6.99.

I'm a bit confused by this post.

1) If she had paid the amount including the delivery charge then this would have been paid off. Obviously they aren't going to take payment for delivery before the item is paid off unless specifically instructed that a payment is being made for the delivery charge in addition to the monthly agreed payback amount.

2) VERY have always been very good at communicating I have found - as long as your contact details are up to date. I get emailed statements. They are all also stored on the online account.

Their T&Cs are very clear. They also state;

"We may put your statements and any other notices that we wish to send to you, or are required by law to send to you, such as notice of sums in arrears and notice of default sum, in the Transaction History of My Account on our website (or such other secure electronic location as we may notify to you). We will send you an e-mail to let you know when we do this. You agree that you consent to receive statements and notices in this way. Statements and notices will remain in My Account for up to 12 months after posting. We would recommend that you print off or save a copy and keep it secure. "

If they haven't met this commitment then you have an argument and I assume would pursue this as it would suggest she isn't receiving any statements - however If your wifes details aren't up to date or she ignored the email assuming she had paid then it really is her fault and nothing to do with Very.

3) Of course its "arrears" its an outstanding balance - what else would it be?

Again apologies but I cannot see where Very went wrong here.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    UPDATE UPDATE

I bought the item today only to find out and confirmed by the retailer the remote control was faulty. Obviously its not meant to be so have will not now be purchasing the item.

Remote control and USB on a tumble dryer ????

:D
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    Remote control and USB on a tumble dryer ????

:D

Me thinks you are getting confused with the OP. I obviously was not buying white goods. You silly billy.:rotfl:
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 December 2017 at 11:09AM
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »
    And todays award for best crashing of a post goes to :rotfl:
    Thanks for that. Very much appreciated.
  • jmdnnlln
    jmdnnlln Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Hi,

Not quite sure I understand your post.

Very add the delivery charge to the total cost of the goods you purchase, they dont separate them.

Makes no difference what payment method you use, can you clarify the events that led up to this ?

Nope YOUR WRONG.. I know it's been sometime since my post but again YOUR WRONG Very ask you to pay for delivery SEPARATE from the cost of the goods.

So if you make a payment YOU MUST make sure the delivery cost is met FIRST..

Or they claim you're in arrears.

I'ts all soretd now BTW they corrected the file :rotfl:
  • jmdnnlln
    jmdnnlln Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    McKneff wrote: »
    So not Very's fault at all then.

Just yours and the wife's understanding of the terms and conditions.......

Err NO actually, They have ADMITTED the information wasnt very clear and have SINCE updated the page layout for better understanding..AND corrected my wife's credit file..all in all a good result!:D
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Easy on the caps lock there fella
  • nobblyned
    Options
    BRILLIANT. Even if I don't believe a WORD you are saying.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 December 2017 at 8:59PM
    Options
    jmdnnlln wrote: »
    Nope YOUR WRONG.. I know it's been sometime since my post but again YOUR WRONG Very ask you to pay for delivery SEPARATE from the cost of the goods.

So if you make a payment YOU MUST make sure the delivery cost is met FIRST..

Or they claim you're in arrears.

I'ts all soretd now BTW they corrected the file :rotfl:

You pay for the goods plus delivery, Fermi sums it up below.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure