VERY...very very angry.

If anyone uses the VERY catalogue then beware it could affect your credit rating.

So today I'm informed my wife's credit report has dropped substantially:shocked:.. Confused I dug a little deeper, it turns out my wife had no direct debit set up on her account, and although she has made numerous payments off any outstanding balance, NO MONEY was used to pay THE DELIVERY CHARGE!!.

That's right, pay as much off the account as much as you want, but they wont deduct it off the delivery charge.

Instead they list it as ARREARS..:mad:

What sort of company stuffs it's customers credit report like this WITHOUT any notification even though they have her email address?.

We are soon to be applying for a new mortgage on another property this is just too stupid beyond belief all for £6.99.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,730
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Hi,

Not quite sure I understand your post.

Very add the delivery charge to the total cost of the goods you purchase, they dont separate them.

Makes no difference what payment method you use, can you clarify the events that led up to this ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Did you happen to pay on a buy now pay later deal?

In which case the delivery fee would have been payable on the next statement.
  • They all do it mate. Had a similar experience with QVC. Something to do with them only being able to underwrite/finance the goods you procure directly through them. It's inconvenient I know.

Hope you get it cleared.
  • I think the only thing you can do is get the delivery arrears paid off. Wait until the credit report has cleared the Very unpaid amounts and then do you hard application. Frustrating and I'd be fuming too!
    no signature
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,078
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    This is why if you if you buy anything on a buy now deal you check any subsequent statements because the delivery charge is never included in the deal to pay later. I myself nearly got caught by this but only checking the statement did it make this clear to me. Be e annoyed with yourself not with Very.
  • john1002
    john1002 Posts: 984
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It should be noted that when you order and on statements it clearly says you need to pay the delivery charge and it won't be included in any BNPL or interest free deal.

John
  • jmdnnlln wrote: »
    stupid beyond belief

Don't be so hard on your wife. We all make mistakes.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So not Very's fault at all then.

Just yours and the wife's understanding of the terms and conditions.......
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    when you order and on statements it clearly says you need to pay the delivery charge
    By what mechanism ?

I think there ought to be some kind of regulation for posting arrears, like a Letter Before Claim is required before going to court.
    There doesn't seem to be ; but I don't see the benefit to the firm of being paid later.
  • caronoel
    caronoel Posts: 908
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Very can't be responsible for your wife's stupidity. I humbly suggest you direct your ire at her, rather than the retailer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure