Travelex Supercard - Goodbye!

Comments

• A_T
    A_T Posts: 959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Tharweb wrote: »
    I've just applied and been accepted for the Barclaycard Travel Card to replace my Supercard. No ATM fees and no fees on cash withdrawals or purchases as long as the balance is paid off by the statement date, this is an introductory rate but runs until 2022. This is better for me as I used the Supercard solely for purchases and my Nationwide FlexPlus debit for cash previously. Now I only need to use one card instead of two.

you've done well there my introductory rate runs out in 2018
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 2 June 2017 at 9:02AM
    Tharweb wrote: »
    I've just applied and been accepted for the Barclaycard Travel Card to replace my Supercard. No ATM fees and no fees on cash withdrawals or purchases as long as the balance is paid off by the statement date, this is an introductory rate but runs until 2022. This is better for me as I used the Supercard solely for purchases and my Nationwide FlexPlus debit for cash previously. Now I only need to use one card instead of two.

Thanks for the heads up, Mine also lasts until 2018, so will be cancelling and applying for the new rate
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    A_T wrote: »
    you've done well there my introductory rate runs out in 2018

New offer:
    No non-sterling transaction fees on your foreign spend and ATM withdrawals until 31 August 2022

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/credit-cards/platinum-travel-credit-card
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    adindas wrote: »
    I understand that Monzo could be used to withdraw cash in £ from ATM in the UK without any fee charge similar you are using UK bank debit card apart from your money is sitting on you prepaid creditcard instead of bank AC.

IS is still the case that no fee charge for withdrawing cash in £ from ATM in the UK ?

Any info, link this will be very much appreciated...

Yes cash withdrawals on Monzo are 100% free in the UK and abroad.

When you try to withdraw cash there is often a message on the cash machine telling you that you may be charged a fee. This is because most prepaid cards do charge so its a standard message when it detects one.
  • Off to France in a few weeks so was having a think about the Halifax Clarity? I'm guessing as a credit credit, any application (successful or otherwise) will effect your credit rating, correct?

Whereas, the cards you pre-load, and I'm assuming, be able to load "on the fly," do not? Looking at a Monzo for this...

Thanks.
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    slipd wrote: »
    Off to France in a few weeks so was having a think about the Halifax Clarity? I'm guessing as a credit credit, any application (successful or otherwise) will effect your credit rating, correct?

Whereas, the cards you pre-load, and I'm assuming, be able to load "on the fly," do not? Looking at a Monzo for this...

Thanks.

The only way an app will affect your credit history is by way of the search which will be recorded - nothing as to whether it's successful or unsuccessful will be noted.

The others, such as Monzo, will search, but only for the purposes of an ID check, which won't be visible to other lenders.

Neither of these are anything to worry about. The latter not at all, the former only becomes an issue if you're making multiple applications in quick succession, and need to apply for something important (such as a mortgage) in the next few (3-6) months.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up, Mine also lasts until 2018, so will be cancelling and applying for the new rate

Just ask to switch either now or closer to the time.

Last time I cancelled a Barclaycard, they offered to move me to to any product they had available or just take £20 for not closing it.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    Just ask to switch either now or closer to the time.

Last time I cancelled a Barclaycard, they offered to move me to to any product they had available or just take £20 for not closing it.

I asked them to switch but they refused, only thing you could do is cancel now and apply after 6 months. Annoyed at how they treat current customers
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • paddytt
    paddytt Posts: 298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Which cards offer the same instant currency exchange as Supercard? I find the app brilliant for expenses, because I can make a foreign expenses claim the same day from the rate shown in the app. All my other cc's twke days to show the ampunt in £...

thanks

TT
  • WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite
    paddytt wrote: »
    Which cards offer the same instant currency exchange as Supercard? I find the app brilliant for expenses, because I can make a foreign expenses claim the same day from the rate shown in the app. All my other cc's twke days to show the ampunt in £...

thanks

TT

Monzo
    Revolut
    Loot.io
    Starling Bank
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income