Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Comments

• I submitted a claim via Resolver on the 18th January 2017 for a flight that was delayed a few years ago. I got a response from them on 24th February saying

"After looking into your case I can see that your flight has been accepted for payment"

Since then some 70 days later I have not heard anything from them. I now at the stage where Resolver says I can esclate to CEDR.

Has anyone had similar experience or any advice that might help speed up this complaint?

Bearing in mind they admitted the claim should be paid surely it should not take this long?

Many Thanks
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thomson will take as long as you're prepared to give. Them. See earlier posts
  • happychap7
    happychap7 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Thomsons at it again. Significant flight time changes for both our 2017 holidays, they haven't even told us yet but we can see it on the Thomson app. Is there anything we can do ?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    happychap7 wrote: »
    Thomsons at it again. Significant flight time changes for both our 2017 holidays, they haven't even told us yet but we can see it on the Thomson app. Is there anything we can do ?

are the flights in the next 14 days?
    Unless they give you less than 14 days notice there is no compensation (assuming that is what you were asking)
    Depending on whether flight only or package there will be different rules on what qualifies as a significant change allowing you the choice of cancellation (I think it is 12 hours for packages)
    The delay with notification can often be due to contacting those with the closest departure dates first so it is not unusual to see the changes online before receiving contact
  • Help!!

We were delayed last June on return from our holiday for 16 hrs, I've gone through resolver and CEDR for help (CEDR found in My favour!)but still Thomson refuse to deal with me. They admitted fault here so they arnt trying to get away with say it's extraordinary circumstances! I've now filed to take Thomson to court, and they are defending the whole claim?! How can they possibly get away with this?!?

Is anyone going through a similar experience?

Thanks
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thomson thread here - no need to start new thread:

[url]Http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384699[/url]
  • Help!!

We were delayed last June on return from our holiday for 16 hrs, I've gone through resolver and CEDR for help (CEDR found in My favour!)but still Thomson refuse to deal with me. They admitted fault here so they arnt trying to get away with say it's extraordinary circumstances! I've now filed to take Thomson to court, and they are defending the whole claim?! How can they possibly get away with this?!?

Thanks
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Edwardlee2 wrote: »
    Help!!

Thanks

Hi Edwardlee2 and thanks for reposting on the correct thread.

Read back through this tread if you haven't already.

Have you informed CEDR that Thomson have not paid you? If so what did they say?

They should be vigorously pursuing Thomson on your behalf.

Court action should not be required at this stage, but is always the ultimate when the airline will not play ball.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thomson don't have a leg to stand on. They have put in a defence to prevent judgment being entered in default. Given that CEDR have already found in your favour, I would apply for summary judgment under CPR part 24.
  • Hi, thanks for your replies and sorry it's taken me so long to reply! I've chased CEDR more times than I can count, but all they say is they will chase, but cannot legally force them to pay? With regards to filing for a summary judgement, how would I go about this? Thanks again
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback