Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Think we will all be on them!

And you were missing work... bet you aren't anymore - enjoy the alcohol!!
    Dearly beloved has just brought me a coffee and a Cointreau.. I am enjoying!!
    We had a couple , lady was disabled, who claimed their 'respite' monies for a cruise... caused a bit of upset, but, as he manged to argue, whilst on the cruise he did not have to cook, do laundry, or meet her social inclusion needs. So, DM, think we may need your cruising expertise to set up our new cruising care company.
  • pippo
    MKS wrote: »
    And risk assessments and method statements
    Too true!!!
  • pippo
    ok, back to shopping, I don't need anything but think I will do a C&c tomorrow for sharpies, any ideas?
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    davemorton wrote: »
    Again, that is daft, cant they be self-employed/work for the angency, and become your contractors, like a builder or something? I dont know, please dont think I am saying how it is, I am just throwing ideas out there, and trying to extend my own knowledge at the same time.

DM, I am self employed. If you are genuinely working, you are governed by risk assessments and method statements etc you can't just get on and do the job these days.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 March 2017 at 12:33AM
    Good evening all, I wonder if anybody know anything about insurance claims. I have lost my darling Mums 2 diamond rings. One has a valuation but not the other. Unfortunately I only declared the one with the valuation as having a value of £1500 even though I know it was valued 30 years ago at £2000' but I thought I had lost it (the certificate) but subsequently found it after I had put in a claim. The other one has no valuation only the decription which I have given to the insurers.
    They are telling me because I only declared the one valuation at £1500 that is all they will pay, even though the jewellery company in association with the insurers have put a value of £3200 on it from the photos I have of it, and of course the valuation certificate and £950 for the other.
    I dont have any photos of the other. The insurers are only giving me vouchers to be used in only 2 named shops totalling £2200 net after deducting £100 excess for each ring. Now, when I have looked online at these 2 shops websites I can see that that wont even be enough to buy the lesser value ring that I have lost, their value of £950 having been put on it, and the equivalent similar ring on these websites is £2400, the other one about £4000.I feel so sad that Ive lost my darling Mums rings, but I am also really angry that I have not been awarded at least the value of 1 decent ring. The complaints department is due to ring me, but I am wondering if anyone can suggest where else I could go. It is supposed to be replacement value but that is a joke.
    Sorry for long tale of woe, I know other people have real problems at the moment, but thinking about my mum makes me cry.
    chocciex

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Insurance companies will try to minimise their payout and if you under declare the value of something, or do not include itemised items that they request, they have grounds to cap payouts or refuse to pay (as your premium will have been based on declared values/items). Sorry that is not a helpful response, though it is likely their standpoint.

There are differences between insurers though, so check again exactly what your cover includes - the insurance board may be a better place to ask for advice as there may be some experts on there? If nothing rose, they may have advice on how new for old is interpreted when the price to replace is higher than offered and how you are prove the value if you have no proof.

Anon
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    pippo wrote: »
    Dearly beloved has just brought me a coffee and a Cointreau.. I am enjoying!!
    We had a couple , lady was disabled, who claimed their 'respite' monies for a cruise... caused a bit of upset, but, as he manged to argue, whilst on the cruise he did not have to cook, do laundry, or meet her social inclusion needs. So, DM, think we may need your cruising expertise to set up our new cruising care company.

Already ahead of you ;)
    Welcome aboard. :D

62_4%20CAPTAIN%20DAVE%20SHEEPSHEAD%20BAY%20MARCH%2022%202014.jpg
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • pippo
    edited 14 March 2017 at 11:27PM
    davemorton wrote: »
    Already ahead of you ;)
    Welcome aboard. :D

62_4%20CAPTAIN%20DAVE%20SHEEPSHEAD%20BAY%20MARCH%2022%202014.jpg
    Think we may need a bigger boat hun! Where will we put the bar?
    However fishing could meet the criteria re 'Accessing and engaging in work, training, education or volunteering'
  • rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Good morning

Hugs again for ALL carers

DH got his pension info £126pw Apparently he opted out at one point and has been self employed (Part time) since being made redundant 15 yrs ago

His pal who has barely ever worked is getting £187 :eek:

Enjoy your day

That 2nd figure doesnt seem right as the new pension is £155.00 per week. My husband retired in September and initially got £130.00 per week as they said this was a safe amount as they couldnt access his NI record but after a few weeks it went up to £140.00 per week and he does get a company pension.
    If you retire after April 2016 ( say in 5 years ) and your projected figure is lower than £155.00 then you can make it up over those 5 years.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Just finished watching The Replacement. I enjoyed the first 2 but then it's as if they have to race to the finish fir the final part and it all becomes sloppy:o

Think I'll have a cuppa....anyone want to share a tea bag:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • pippo
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Just finished watching The Replacement. I enjoyed the first 2 but then it's as if they have to race to the finish fir the final part and it all becomes sloppy:o

Think I'll have a cuppa....anyone want to share a tea bag:rotfl:

TM, you are my girl, a tea bag always makes more than one cup!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure