Anglian Water Refunds

Hope this is the right place to post, I have seen a few posts online this morning regarding refunds from Anglian Water for people being charged for surface water drainage that they don't have. The post states "The refund dates back to January 2013 and doesn't have to be your current property; you can claim for the last one too."

Customer services number listed as 03457919155

Some successes already in the comments online :)

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    This isn't specific to Anglian water

MSE says
    Water companies should give rebates to those whose surface rainwater goes into a soakaway or straight into a river or canal, rather than mains sewers. This is usually between £20-£50/year and can be claimed whether you're on a meter or not. To apply for a rebate, just fill out your water company's form. Call or go online to request it.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/cut-water-bills/#sewerage

Better still
    If you're in an area with no connection to mains sewerage, so have a cesspit or septic tank, you don't have to pay sewerage charges. This only applies to a few people, but you should query any charges paid for sewerage services if your property isn't connected to the main sewerage system.
    Of course, the water company should not have charged for a service you are not supplied with in the first place, but if you are charged for a service your are not supplied with, you can obtain a rebate (but it's time limited as you indicate)
  • I've lived here for over twenty years. Is there any way I can get my surface water claim backdated further than 2013?
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Carole71 wrote: »
    I've lived here for over twenty years. Is there any way I can get my surface water claim backdated further than 2013?

Under the Law(Statute of Limitations) you can only claim back 6 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure