new phone recommendations

Options
Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinions on the best phone i can get for £150.

The fields i am looking for are:
•fastest feedback (best cpu)
•best camera
•new if not newest version on android

Im willing to go for phones from 2016 till now. And preferably latest version of android if possible.

Comments

• mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And compare that Xiaomi phone to something like the Moto G5, which doesn't necessarily have a great camera, but the Moto G range is generally considered amongst the best value spec/price available in the UK market.
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Options
    Moto G5 £130 from o2. Unlock for under £2 on ebay in a couple of hours
  • cookie365
    cookie365 Posts: 1,809 Forumite
    Options
    https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_654483.html?wid=11

From China.

Great phone if you don't mind waiting for ages for it to arrive, there's always the possibility of getting stung for VAT and customs charges (faster delivery = higher risk) and warranty/returns could be problematic.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    boatman wrote: »

So that’s around £175 before budgeting for possible import vat/duty and admin charges and no UK warranty?

Not really within the OPs price range and a pretty poor idea buying something with no usable warranty...
    ====
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    So that’s around £175 before budgeting for possible import vat/duty and admin charges and no UK warranty?

Not really within the OPs price range and a pretty poor idea buying something with no usable warranty...

Its an option many people have used and are happy with, you may not be.
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    I'd go for that Umidigi. I have a Umi Super and it is an excellent, reliable phone. Lesser specs than the Z1 and cost about the same 14 months ago.
    Ignore the pessimists, never had any problems with Gearbest. Never paid any taxes etc. either - yet!
  • d123
    Options
    Its an option many people have used and are happy with, you may not be.

Your reply makes no sense.

The OP asked for a phone for no more than £150, I commented that you have linked to a £175 phone that may well cost another 20% + admin charge if HMRC pick up on the contents of the package (and people do get caught, more frequently too in the last year or so).
    ====
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2018 at 11:16PM
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    Your reply makes no sense.

The OP asked for a phone for no more than £150, I commented that you have linked to a £175 phone that may well cost another 20% + admin charge if HMRC pick up on the contents of the package (and people do get caught, more frequently too in the last year or so).
    It was £148 when I posted it, as you say there may be added customs, but it seems that there is a good chance there won't be, provided you use their standard postage, stay away from DHL.
  • d123
    Options
    It was £148 when I posted it, as you say there may be added customs, but it seems that there is a good chance there won't be, provided you use their standard postage, stay away from DHL.

Right, though as you are now straying into breaking forum rules we should probably leave the subject there.
    Illegal/grey area topics

Please don't discuss illegal issues or those that are grey areas in law on this forum.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs?_ga=2.85818970.2116418569.1512514767-1261911728.1501940148
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport