IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hovite wrote: »
    It's actually quite funny over on their Facebook page - loads of pictures of dogs suddenly pushed out by dozens of posts about Parking Eye !!!! I certainly think targeted campaigns like this might be the way forward. Get Aldi first and then move on to say Asda.

I agree - Asda's fb page next week then, Smart Parking are a joke. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • atilla
    atilla Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For Asda, Twitter might be a good option.
    Loss prevention monitor it with twitterfeed.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    atilla wrote: »
    For Asda, Twitter might be a good option.
    Loss prevention monitor it with twitterfeed.

Oh dear I am not on Twitter but if someone starts it and posts it in a new thread I'm sure lots of tweets could be added and retweeted (or whatever you call it?!!!!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Aldi's boilerplate response to all the facebook messages

"At Aldi we hope you can appreciate the need to have a car park management system in place, in a number of our stores across the UK, to ensure the provision of car parking availability to all our customers.

ParkingEye manage many of our car parks, mostly with a simple time-sensitive automatic number plate recognition system. However, in a handful of our stores, it has been necessary to install other systems whereby customers are required to enter their registration prior to leaving the store. This system is in place solely to ensure free parking for our customers. Aldi do not receive any revenue from these parking measures.

If any customer feels that they have received a charge unfairly, please do let us know and we are more than happy to look into individual cases. Please contact us at customer-services@aldi.co.uk or via a private message here on our Page including any proof of purchase you may hold. Thanks again for getting in touch."
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Aldi's boilerplate response to all the facebook messages

"At Aldi we hope you can appreciate the need to have a car park management system in place, in a number of our stores across the UK, to ensure the provision of car parking availability to all our customers.

ParkingEye manage many of our car parks, mostly with a simple time-sensitive automatic number plate recognition system. However, in a handful of our stores, it has been necessary to install other systems whereby customers are required to enter their registration prior to leaving the store. This system is in place solely to ensure free parking for our customers. Aldi do not receive any revenue from these parking measures.

If any customer feels that they have received a charge unfairly, please do let us know and we are more than happy to look into individual cases. Please contact us at customer-services@aldi.co.uk or via a private message here on our Page including any proof of purchase you may hold. Thanks again for getting in touch."

In most of their stores it's just ANPR. So how does that 'ensure the provision of car parking availability to all our customers'. You roll up to Aldi, car park is chokka, but store is empty. All using the car park are shopping elsewhere, but exit the car park before the PE witching hour of 1.5 hours. So how does that 'manage' your car park, Aldi?

Regarding their receiving revenue (or not?) - sooner or later Aldi is going to have sign a 'Statement of Truth' I suspect.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • New user here but long time 'viewer' with great admiration of all who give up their time to deal with PPC scams.

My local Aldi, which has never had a parking issue and where I used to be a customer has been blighted with PE disease. I'm happy to have a chat with my council re planning permission etc regarding use of the free car park.. had a look on line but no detail there. So looking for some guidance.
  • Hovite_2
    Hovite_2 Posts: 749 Forumite
    New user here but long time 'viewer' with great admiration of all who give up their time to deal with PPC scams.

My local Aldi, which has never had a parking issue and where I used to be a customer has been blighted with PE disease. I'm happy to have a chat with my council re planning permission etc regarding use of the free car park.. had a look on line but no detail there. So looking for some guidance.

Most councils ( possibly even all ) allow you to search current and past planning applications online. Go to your councils website and find the planning section ( here's the one for my local council - ww3.brighton-hove.gov.uk/index.cfm?request=c1199915&action=showform ).

Find the postcode of your local Aldi and search for applications made against this postcode.
  • edward123
    edward123 Posts: 602 Forumite
    Hovite wrote: »
    Most councils ( possibly even all ) allow you to search current and past planning applications online. Go to your councils website and find the planning section ( here's the one for my local council - ww3.brighton-hove.gov.uk/index.cfm?request=c1199915&action=showform ).

Find the postcode of your local Aldi and search for applications made against this postcode.

I've just done the above re my local Aldi and I can not find any mention at all re Parking Eye. It a simple search though.
    Got a ticket from ParkingEye? Seek advice by clicking here: Private Parking forum on MoneySavingExpert.:j
  • Hovite_2
    Hovite_2 Posts: 749 Forumite
    edward123 wrote: »
    I've just done the above re my local Aldi and I can not find any mention at all re Parking Eye. It a simple search though.

It's unlikely to mention PE - what it will do is give the conditions of the car park such as if they have to allow shoppers from other local shops to use it, hours the car park can operate etc etc
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edward123 wrote: »

Phone your local planning department, or even legal department.

A Freedom of Information enquiry might be an alternative if you start getting any prevarication.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport