IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Yellow Box Junction,CHECK THE PHOTOS!!!!

Options
Hi,
I recieved a ticket for stopping in a box junction, I am very careful about these box junctions so I studied the two pictures on the PCN, one was showing just the number plate and the other a picture of two very similar vans, one in the box junction and the other behind the junction. Well there was some proof that A van had stopped in the box. I went online to pay the ticket, there was a link to view images the PCN was related to, so i went to view the pictures, there was one image which was not printed on the PCN which was sent to me, so when i looked closely i realised that the vehicles next to the van in both images did not match, im sending pictures so you might get a better idea of what im saying3387590262_93147b22f2.jpg?v=0

3386779281_c8e3691eca.jpg?v=0
Iv not added the third picture as that only shows the registration number.
I wrote to explain what i had seen on the images,and got a reply this morning saying "I am pleased to confirm that due to a technical issue, the penalty charge has now been cancelled".Please accept my apologises ........
They were probably not able to get the registration number of the van actually in the box junction so just to make up for it they got the reg of my van and sent a ticket to me instead. So very easy for them issuing PCN's isnt it.If the actual one is not able to be caught catch any other one to make up for it.
I know it was a long post but i wanted to make you all aware of the fact that this can happen to anyone, so if you think you have not done wrong do demand pictures or video footage.
Thanks for reading its my first thread hope i posted in the right place.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport