Curve Card technique - withdraw cash on any credit card with no fee

Comments

• chamelion
    chamelion Posts: 473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Has anyone been charged a cash advance fee?

no issue here so far with barclaycard or capital one.
    5.41 kWp System, E-W. Installed Nov 2017
    Lux + 3 x US2000B + 2 x US3000C battery storage. Installed Mar 2020.
  • No issues with Cap1, Vanquis or Aqua up to early last month for me - I've hit yearly spend limits so not used Curve since!
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Okay strickly not a card.....But Post Office saver: 'Cannot process this card type, please use another Card'
  • OceanSound wrote: »
    Okay strickly not a card.....But Post Office saver: 'Cannot process this card type, please use another Card'

I've noticed a few errors like this when using Curve. My money would be on them having blocked these sort of transactions to prevent you recycling cash for credit card rewards.
  • OceanSound
    I've noticed a few errors like this when using Curve. My money would be on them having blocked these sort of transactions to prevent you recycling cash for credit card rewards.
    Yeah, no. Not a deal breaker (for the PO saver). I happen to see you could use a debit card to pay in to po saver, and figured 'Curve is a debit card, lets give it a go'.

Thought i'd post on here for everyone, so you don't have to try it yourself. (Save time I imagine)

Did manage to pay in to using Nationwide debit card. So all good.
  • Does anybody know if you can add those Mastercard/Visa gift cards they sell in supermarkets to Curve and then withdraw cash off them?
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    2ilent8cho wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you can add those Mastercard/Visa gift cards they sell in supermarkets to Curve and then withdraw cash off them?

What, the Mastercard/Visa gift cards that cost e.g. £52.95 for a £50 one?
  • msallen wrote: »
    What, the Mastercard/Visa gift cards that cost e.g. £52.95 for a £50 one?

Yes those ones.
  • OceanSound
    No issues with Cap1, Vanquis or Aqua up to early last month for me - I've hit yearly spend limits so not used Curve since!
    Still no issues with Capital One.

Also, no issues with Marbles.

I made transaction below £100 each on both cards close to statement date, so even if they were classed as 'cash transactions' I would be paying £3.00 or so + minimal interest.

From what I gather both cards show any cash transaction fee when the statement is produced (as opposed to when the transaction is posted via recent transactions).
  • 2ilent8cho wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you can add those Mastercard/Visa gift cards they sell in supermarkets to Curve and then withdraw cash off them?

Doubtful - but there are already lots of ways they can be liquidated free of charge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback