Shell Broadband email address

Hi everyone !

Has anyone using Shell Broadband been given a Shell Broadband email address ? I have asked Shell several times for a new email address but they have not answered my query. I have been using an old email address from Tiscali but Tiscali have stated they are now going to charge for this as from November 2019, so I will then be paying 2 broadband suppliers instead of just one. Shell also overcharged me on my first bill but I complained and they seem to have rectified this. I also wanted to revert to my original supplier, who were cheaper, but I believe it is now too late for this without incurring a fee.

Comments

• Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Why do you want an ISP e-mail address? Surely the Tiscali charge should be a warning to avoid them. Plenty of free e-mail providers around.
  • Thank you Inner Zone for your reply. I am not very computer literate.
    I have always kept my Tiscali email address when I have changed broadband provider. Now they want to charge me for retaining it. As I have changed to Shell Broadband I thought i would automatically be given an email addtress with them. My point is they have not responded. Who are the `plenty of free email address providers` ?
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Truthful wrote: »
    Thank you Inner Zone for your reply. I am not very computer literate.
    I have always kept my Tiscali email address when I have changed broadband provider. Now they want to charge me for retaining it. As I have changed to Shell Broadband I thought i would automatically be given an email addtress with them. My point is they have not responded. Who are the `plenty of free email address providers` ?

You don't always get an email address with a provider. Sky don't give you one either. Legacy ones still work but you can't create new ones.

The free email providers are in no particular order Yahoo Mail, Outlook.com and Gmail are the top three most common ones, there are a few others dotted around as well.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Look on your members page you may need to setup the email .
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Truthful wrote: »
    Thank you Inner Zone for your reply. I am not very computer literate.

Neil Jones has listed the three most common.

I have been using Yahoo and Hotmail (now Outlook, web mail version) for over 25 years.
  • I have used Gmail for 20 yeqrs and whilst some of the changes they have made to the service have reduced its previous high standards, it is a system that operates well.
    You can import all the emails from old email adresses so transfering to Gmail may work for you.
    Rob
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport