sarahevie's single quest to mortgage freedom

Options

Comments

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    gotta love Grease though - my all time fave film!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    gotta love Grease though - my all time fave film!

It's a sing a long thing, we're all getting dressed up - will need to find a pink jacket MSE style
    HOME
    Original mortgage free date Nov 2037
    Mortgage free August 2018

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    Teacher pension - DB scheme
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    I got chills.....
  • Clarey008
    Options
    Just popped on to say hello and say how much I enjoy reading your diary. I am a single Mum managing a mortgage on my own which I want to get paid off asap.
    Mortgage Dec 2015 - £21545 Apr 2016 - £19930
    Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016 £79.98/£150
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    Clarey008 wrote: »
    Just popped on to say hello and say how much I enjoy reading your diary. I am a single Mum managing a mortgage on my own which I want to get paid off asap.

Thanks for dropping by, its lovely to hear someone is enjoying the ramblings. I just tend to tell it how it is at the time, I think that's why there seems to be so many highs and lows. I don't wait for the dust to settle I just have to share :o
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    With a view to getting on top of spending. I have decided to change supermarkets. I'm not going budget, but to M&S, now this is very very unlike me. However, I'm spending a fortune on food. (Not at the supermarket I may add. I usually spend around £35-40 a week for four/five depending on who comes over. I usually have an extra person to feed five times a week.)

I just don't ever seem to have anything exciting which leads to pub teas once a week. Usually on a Wednesday as DD1 goes to brownies 3 miles away from home, so it is easier to go to the pub than go back and forth whilst waiting for her. Also I'm at work til 6 on a Wednesday at staff meeting. This costs £24 for four.

Every Saturday the girls and I go for a cafe trip after dancing, costs £12 - I realised these two meals account for more than the rest of the weekly shop.

Have decided to try buying 'nicer' food at M&S, I really do prefer their food, with a view to cutting out the £36 on eating out a week. (The £36 comes out of the social budget, but even so it seems a lot for a couple of meals.)
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    My M&S supermarket swap has worked. Have only spent £36 in food this week and have resisted eating out with kids. (Have had a work do which included a meal out - but I'm not counting that.)

In other exciting news my house is due to complete 8th December, 3 days time and my house will be mine:j
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    I'm undecided totally about food providers at the minute.. I don't have every choice due to rural living and will probably end up with Mr T again..

Great news about the house, how are things with the ex?
  • Clarey008
    Options
    Interesting that your swap has worked. I am currently avoiding Mr M as I am fed up with their customer service & the offers never going through at the till & swapping between Mr T & Mr S. There is no M&S near me but I do like Waitr@se on occasion. I find for me a combination works best & shopping little & often with an occasional stock up at L1dl. (Although I do like to have emergency meals in the freezer, so I only have to go shopping if I'm passing a shop)
    Mortgage Dec 2015 - £21545 Apr 2016 - £19930
    Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016 £79.98/£150
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    I tend to use a mixture as well, I popped into Mr M for diet cokes as could not justify £2.55 for six in M&S. I also used to shop at aldi all the time, so still have lots of aldi stuff in the freezer, cupboard.

Things with the ex are ok. He's not in a great place mentally right now, DD1 has been lying about him and its getting him down. DD1 does it as an attention thing but he's quite angry with her. Usually she directs her lies against me, which he's not bothered by, but as soon as she gets at him its another story.

I'm just ignoring him, he'll come round. DD1 is at an age where she's pushing the boundaries. I've had a pretty good day with her, it was toy parade at church and she kindly sorted out some stuff. When we got home, the service had obviously resonated with her as she then started looking for things to give to the refugees. DD2 even emptied her purse into her Junior Mission box, so at least they are thinking of others.
    HOME

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing