Home Heating Oil

Comments

• I found Meekin to be best value for 500 litres today at £267.96.
    weve run out...........again! Have decided the new rule is NO MORE TIMER!!!!!!!
    Although kids are going to bed no problem at the moment.......electric blankets,lol.
    it takes more energy
    to hate than to love...
    love and relax!

• typhoon
    typhoon Posts: 171 Forumite
    I have a direct debit with Cawoods for £40 a month, and up until recently they have always price matched...last time I called them I asked for their price for 900 litres, without telling them I was an existing customer. They gave me the price (think it was around £368 at the time, and I thought that was wildly expensive, little did I know what was in front of us), I told them I had been given a better quote of £360 and asked if they could match it- she asked if I had ordered from them before and when she found out I was an existing customer with an account, she said they couldnt price match. I felt a bit hard done by as I wasn't given any discount for being a loyal customer! My intention was to cancel the dd and take my business elsewhere after that fill but that was before the price of oil went sky high and I think I probably owe them money now, so am going to stay put, but will try harder next time for a price match.
  • esson1
    esson1 Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I had a monthly account with Maxol Direct.
    Absolutely no advantage.
    They quoted dearer price than other companies
    They seem to think that because you had an account with them that they can charge you whatever they like.
    Loyalty is not a two way thing with them.
  • red_bertie
    red_bertie Posts: 455 Forumite
    Haven't seen any mention of Finlay Fuels [Ballygowan] on here. Tel: 97528332. WWW.FINLAYFUELS.CO.UK.

They give excellent service and the prices seem comparable [I do a price check usually] ... maybe it's because of the amount ordered, we have a big tank :o that needs filled.
    Mar 08: 1500L = £748. [Last fill Jan 08 - cost £650.:eek: ].

Seeing it here has just scared the s**t out of me, that's over £200 a month
    and if my usage stays the same it will be £250. _pale_ I need to lie down.

RB
  • snowmen
    snowmen Posts: 637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    typhoon -
    maxol have always price matched a lower quote for me as an existing customer - you just have to tell them what company it was and what price. It pays to ring around and I am very happy with maxol's fast delivery and courteous staff so while they continue to price match me I wont be going anywhere.
    I do pay the whole balance off in one go though (not monthly) so this may be why!?
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I think most companies will price match if you ask them .. they usually have a good idea about what each other are charging (probably have one of their own employees phone round so that they know if anybody is chancing their arm ;)

ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • typhoon
    typhoon Posts: 171 Forumite
    i am pretty sure the reason Cawoods didn't price match is because they already had my money (from my monthly direct debit) so they knew I was going to buy from them anyway...which is even more maddening. I had fully intended cancelling the direct debit and going elsewhere, but with the price of oil the way it is, I will probably have a debit balance with them now, wheras I had always been in credit before. I did argue the case with them before and they told me I was one of the very few customers in credit with them, and I asked why I was being penalised for other people's actions! Either way it will be 500 litres for me next time I fill, gone are the days of full tank orders!
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    900ltrs £480 online with Deighan Fuels
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Its made me feel quite faint looking at the prices online think i will have to lay down lol:):D
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • I think many of us know the feeling!
    butterfly )i(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family