Broadband Genie fake offers ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Dave1964
    Dave1964 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 30 July 2019 at 4:06PM
    Options
    I signed up for a BT broadband offer through MSE Broadband Unbundled in November 2018. The advertised deal included a £70 M&S voucher which I claimed using the documented procedure. I was then told by BT that I was not eligible for the M&S voucher so I sent a complaint to MSE giving a screen shot of the advertised deal that clearly showed the voucher was part of the deal. I received confirmation that they are investigating the matter but I have been waiting 6 months for a response to my complaint despite me prompting them for a reply every month. Broadband Unbundled should not advertise deals that cannot be honoured and should provide better customer service when things go wrong.
  • Hendom
    Options
    Same problem with Broadband Genie - I expect most people abandon their claims. Time MSE got a grip of this - the offers are clearly designed NOT to pay out for most customers
  • Pedro1877
    Options
    Just received my £50 Amazon voucher and have started using it already, so it is genuine. Switched from TT to PO went faultlessly and BB speed slightly faster than TT already and very consistent. Received email from BG exactly 3 months after joining PO Broadband for £15.90 pm.
  • geofh
    geofh Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sadly, I have had a similar problem with Broadband Genie and Post Office Broadband. Clicking through from MSE, I registered on Broadband Genie who confirm that the advertised product was available at my address. Clicking through to Post Office, their website says that this advertised product is not available, and offer me an alternative at the same advertised price. However, this turns out to be an inferior product and has no cashback. My advice: ignore all spurious 'offers' from Broadband Genie and presume that MSE broadband information (supplied by BG?) is inaccurate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure