BT and Contracts Without My Authority

2»

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Never ever had that and spoke to BT many times over 5 plus years re account .
  • digitaldaz wrote: »
    I understand your replies regarding my daughters liability but here is why I completely dispute this.

When I ring BT to discuss this account at all, they send a text to my phone and I must read back to them an authorization code. Until I have done this they tell me they cannot speak to me about the account. I was under the assumption that this protection would absolutely apply to adding things to the order.

With the exception of a few months, I have been a BT customer since 1965, and I have never had such a thing happen to me. I have BT phone, broadband, TV and Sport.

I do get an email of confirmation after every dealing with them.

Evidently, your daughter pretended to be you on the phone to BT, so it would be fraud.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • digitaldaz wrote: »
    I understand your replies regarding my daughters liability but here is why I completely dispute this.

When I ring BT to discuss this account at all, they send a text to my phone and I must read back to them an authorization code. Until I have done this they tell me they cannot speak to me about the account. I was under the assumption that this protection would absolutely apply to adding things to the order.

If this is correct then it's obviously a new thing or perhaps something they've put in place on your account given your previous conversations with them. It wouldn't have affected any contact that your daughter would have had in the past of course if I'm right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure