Green Motion Car Hire {Edited by Forum Team}???

Comments

• zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Dispute it with your credit card company!
  • BoboToto
    BoboToto Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 November 2018 at 10:52AM
    Hi,
    I had a similar experience. There is a group of people who were victims of this company and we are trying to bring the attention of media to this company. I copied the message from a facebook group 'class action against green motion' below:
    think the way we are going about this might take years to stop those {Edited by Forum Team}
    So I just thought what could happen if each one of the following email addresses received over 100 email all with the same subject
    "Green Motion Fraudulent {Edited by Forum Team}"
    And in the message in every email the sender concisely share their experience.
    Attracting the attention of these big media players will hit hard as the currently complacent law enforcement agencies will find it extremely embarrassing to continue their inaction against that international criminal enterprise know as Green Motion.
    Please share this post with as many people as you can.
    Please comment on this post ONLY when you send your story to the following email addresses with the Subject quoted above. This is the only way we can count how many people emailed all 9 media programmes below.
    panorama.reply@bbc.co.uk
    RipOffBritain@bbc.co.uk
    news@channel4.com
    c4investigations@itn.co.uk
    news@skynews.com
    gmb@itv.com
    lorraine@itv.com
    thismorning@itv.com
    info@thebureauinvestigates.com
  • neksenoj
    neksenoj Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 6 November 2018 at 10:53AM
    Hi
    I have just fallen foul of another blatant Green Motion {Edited by Forum Team} at Gdansk airport. Returned car in pristine condition after 2 day hire and told car was 'dirty' and covered in sand! Only 'dust' was on drivers mat from dusty gravel car park Green Motion were using at pick up! Took photos to show how clean car was but had to pay up 20 Euros otherwise I would not be taken back to airport and I would miss my flight.
    The appalling thing was that it would have been impossible to return the car any cleaner if the car wash was next door.
    I hope EBookers follow HolidayAutos lead and kick these {Edited by Forum Team} of their car hire site.
  • I have just had a similar experience with Green Motion. Hired a car from their Newcastle airport branch. At pick up they attempted to upsell everything they could and I managed to stop that. They told me I had to pay £260 to bring the excess down from £2500 to £400 as I didn’t have my passport so couldn’t charge the full deposit to my credit card due to money laundering rules. I explained I work in finance and they dripped that pretty quickly. Wrapped the car in cotton wool for a week, only to be charged £500 on return for a scratch on the inner boot plastic at return.

Like others here I walked the car filming the outside with their employee, there is Northing in the form about interior damage. Employee states he checked the car thoroughly before handover, so I asked why the previous hirers paperwork was still in it with his personal details for all the world to see. Apparently that was down to the valeter and I’m a liar as the scratch was not there when I picked it up. It was 17:10, nearly dark and no I didn’t check inside the boot supidly, but it was there the next day. Not sure where to take this.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Minkysgirl wrote: »
    I have just had a similar experience with Green Motion. Hired a car from their Newcastle airport branch. At pick up they attempted to upsell everything they could and I managed to stop that. They told me I had to pay £260 to bring the excess down from £2500 to £400 as I didn’t have my passport so couldn’t charge the full deposit to my credit card due to money laundering rules. I explained I work in finance and they dripped that pretty quickly. Wrapped the car in cotton wool for a week, only to be charged £500 on return for a scratch on the inner boot plastic at return.

Like others here I walked the car filming the outside with their employee, there is Northing in the form about interior damage. Employee states he checked the car thoroughly before handover, so I asked why the previous hirers paperwork was still in it with his personal details for all the world to see. Apparently that was down to the valeter and I’m a liar as the scratch was not there when I picked it up. It was 17:10, nearly dark and no I didn’t check inside the boot supidly, but it was there the next day. Not sure where to take this.
    Dispute it with your bank.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Have this company threatened MSE?
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    bagand96 wrote: »
    Have this company threatened MSE?

Possibly...

Yes.jpg
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 November 2018 at 10:18AM
    So MSE are just going to roll over and capitulate to legal threats from {Edited by Forum Team} Green Motion..?
    Evolution, not revolution
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    This thread has been edited and removed some particular phrases from user's posts..... it would appear the parts of the posts where the user's are casting opinion on the firm's practices.

Looks as if MSE are trying to cover themselves...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback