Comments

• bcw123
    bcw123 Posts: 980 Forumite
    flyingflea wrote: »
    I did quite well :D

This lot cost me £2:

wp000897.jpg

The Dairy Milks were from various WHSmiths

well done the light blue boxes in the centre are they the tescos finest with 12 chocs . if so can you give the bar code as my local has loads of these but priced £6
  • I could only find the crackers with the correct bar code but they were scanning at the usual price :(
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I did quite well :D

This lot cost me £2:

wp000897.jpg

The Dairy Milks were from various WHSmiths

This is amazing - so much i've tweeted and facebooked your success
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • I managed to pick up the last two Toblerones at my local Tesco, but only after haggling with a rather stroppy till supervisor. I had checked the price with two staff on the shop floor who confirmed the 1p price with their hand held scanners, but then the tills scanned them at £4.00.
    When I pointed out that they had scanned at 1p a few minutes earlier, the supervisor snapped back: "I'm not selling them at 1p!"
    Needless to say, after disappearing for well over 5 minutes, she eventually returned and rather grumpily sold them to me for 1p.
    Me being me, I did tell her she had no cause to be rude! :mad:
    I have to say the floor staff and the lady on the till were very nice...shame not all the staff are! ;)
    Trying to regain my pre-baby, pre-back surgery figure!
  • Amersham Tesco had the Jacobs crackers with the quoted bar code. BUT they were scanning at full price. I had to query it with staff who said 'OK, we'll let it through as 1p - we had a lady in last week with a 1p thing for these. Sometimes Head Office don't update the prices on our system'!!!!!

You have to query this - show them the MSE details - and then they agree to pay it. Not for the faint hearted - BUT I got 3 packs and saved over £6 ;-).
  • After MSE email, I went to Tesco this morning and there were at least a dozen of the boxes of chocolates at 1p. I picked up 3 and went to the self-service checkout. The member of staff covering the self-service checkouts noticed that the chocolates were only 1p each and took them off me and went to call a manager. They said that Tesco were not allowed to sell them for 1p as they might pose a health risk and that they would now strip the shelves of all of those chocolates. Needless to say that I am very annoyed at Tesco as I had planned on donating the chocolates at a dog charity event later tonight.

My guess is that they wanted to keep them for themselves. If i was you I would contact Tescos and make a complaint! x
  • flyingflea
    flyingflea Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    This is amazing - so much i've tweeted and facebooked your success
    Haha thanks, Martin! Be sure to tell everyone I bought them just for myself and I plan on eating each and every one of them :p
  • flyingflea
    flyingflea Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    bcw123 wrote: »
    well done the light blue boxes in the centre are they the tescos finest with 12 chocs . if so can you give the bar code as my local has loads of these but priced £6

They're Thorntons chocs with 'I [HEART] Mum' on the front, barcode ends in 775.
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Haha thanks, Martin! Be sure to tell everyone I bought them just for myself and I plan on eating each and every one of them :p
    Can you send me a choccy bar, pleeeeeeeeeeeeez. :EasterBun
  • withywood
    withywood Posts: 346 Forumite
    could not find any items at tesco extra brislington
    :j if my house aint clean enough for you tough
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts