no pay rise because of sickness record

2»

Comments

• melb wrote: »
    fair enough. I must be lucky as where I work the annual pay rise is given to everyone. I personally think half a day a month on average is not very much.
    6 days is over the national average....
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • steampowered
    steampowered Posts: 6,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The only situation where I can see a right to challenge this would be if the sick leave was due to maternity (which would be maternity discrimination) or a disability (which would be disability discrimination).

Otherwise, the employer is free to give or deny pay rises at their discretion for any reason.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    My workplace wouldn't directly say that it affects the pay rise, but it could affect the performance review score (which then affects the pay rise). One sickness of six days duration supported by a Fit Note, would be seen as less of an issue than six self-certified single day absences spread across the year.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Ja7188
    Ja7188 Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Have you had performance review lately and if so, how did it go how were you 'marked'...?
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Ja7188 wrote: »
    Have you had performance review lately and if so, how did it go how were you 'marked'...?

I suggest you read post #7...
  • Ja7188
    First Anniversary
    I have - I'm more wondering whether the company has concerns around the OP's performance in general and is gently encouraging them to make a move - hence my asking them how well they are considered to be doing...
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Ja7188 wrote: »
    I have - I'm more wondering whether the company has concerns around the OP's performance in general and is gently encouraging them to make a move - hence my asking them how well they are considered to be doing...

Read the first line of post #7 again.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Ja7188
    First Anniversary
    Read the first line of post #7 again.

Fair enough - so my question should be around how *he* was marked in any recent performance review...
  • John-K_3
    John-K_3 Posts: 681 Forumite
    melb wrote: »
    fair enough. I must be lucky as where I work the annual pay rise is given to everyone. I personally think half a day a month on average is not very much.
    I think, unless you have an underlying problem that it!!!8217;s a huge amount.

I!!!8217;ve averaged one day every three years in over twenty years working, which feels about normal.

This included a good stretch of years when it was normal to be out entertaining until the early hours and had to be at the desk before seven.

What has happened to your relative so often?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure