IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

clarification on PCN with blue badge

I have recently posted on here and think I have received sound advice.
My mother in law received a PCN from the CEL in a KFC car park.

She definitely was not there for the stated times although can not provide any evidence of this as it was back in December (no receipts etc)

I have copied the 'one size fits all' in to an email and readying to send it..Can I just ask...It mentions about adding extra evidence etc..

She is a registered blue badge holder, but we do not have the facility to scan this on for evidence. Do I mention this or not..or do i continue with the theme of the template letter and refuse to acknowledge the driver?

Apologies if this sounds confusing but I'm not great this kind of thing and appreciate any help and patience.

Thank you

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    If you mean you do not have a scanner, just take a picture on your phone.

There is no such thing as 'registered' disabled or 'registered blue badge holder', BTW. I don't mean that in a funny way, I just mean disabled people are not on a 'register' thank goodness!

If you are sending an appeal in March, re a December incident, surely you are doing this rather late...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • doggychops
    doggychops Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    If you mean you do not have a scanner, just take a picture on your phone.

There is no such thing as 'registered' disabled or 'registered blue badge holder', BTW. I don't mean that in a funny way, I just mean disabled people are not on a 'register' thank goodness!

If you are sending an appeal in March, re a December incident, surely you are doing this rather late...

the pcn issue date was 21/02/2018
    contravention was dated 19/12/2017

I have waited for the 28 day period before responding as suggested...is that correct?

And thanks for the phone camera suggestion...am a tad dense clearly.

I also get what you mean as far as the registered comment. An oversight on my part.

Thank you for swift response
  • Coupon-mad
    If this was a postal PCN it arrived very late! Don't wait till day 26. Appeal now as keeper.
  • doggychops
    yes it is a postal pcn.

May I ask?, do they generally send photographic evidence in the first correspondence as I am actually a tad suspicious of the letter. It looks very 'low budget' for want of a better phrase.
    And do you recommend the appeal using the template on the newbies thread?
  • doggychops
    I am also a little confused as the phone number on it that is says can be used to pay, is i think a local number to here. It says they are based in Liverpool, or is that me being naive again?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    And do you recommend the appeal using the template on the newbies thread?
    Yes, I wrote it! :D
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    doggychops wrote: »
    I am also a little confused as the phone number on it that is says can be used to pay, is i think a local number to here. It says they are based in Liverpool, or is that me being naive again?

yes , you are being naive again

these companies tend to use mailboxes or mail drops which redirect to their secret addresses , or the mail is picked up regularly from their rented mail boxes

these are sc@mmers who do not want their "proper" details to become common knowledge to their victims like yourself, unlike the fact that they want YOUR actual name and postal details which they obtain from the DVLA on the cheap

it is all smoke and mirrors, nothing is black and white , so take nothing at face value
  • doggychops
    Right oh.

And apologies once more, but as I do not have her blue badge to hand, would it be appropriate to proceed without it.
    I work shifts and she is not just round the corner. She is an elderly lady who is panicking...crikey she mus be, if she she has asked for my help.

Compliments on how well written it is btw.
    I assume i end the letter at the point where I give her address in that case, as providing evidence such as blue badge would maybe imply that she was in fact driving?
  • doggychops
    Redx wrote: »
    yes , you are being naive again

these companies tend to use mailboxes or mail drops which redirect to their secret addresses , or the mail is picked up regularly from their rented mail boxes

these are sc@mmers who do not want their "proper" details to become common knowledge to their victims like yourself, unlike the fact that they want YOUR actual name and postal details which they obtain from the DVLA on the cheap

it is all smoke and mirrors, nothing is black and white , so take nothing at face value

I understand what you say. It just seemed a big coincidence to me that I am near Nottingham and the 'pay us' phone number had a Nottingham code. I was cautious when I saw it as there some unscrupulous rogues out there who are on a par or worse than CEL. (maybe)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure