How to turn money in Paypal account into cash

Options
Hi,

Not sure if this goes here so if it doesn't, my apologies and please advise me on where it would be better suited.

So for the first time in 18 years, I'm debt free after declaring myself bankrupt to rid myself of all my debt that I'd accumulated over the years. My first debt was offered to me in the dinner canteen at my university in the form of a 0% interest credit card for students! Which looking back and having suffered for years with accruing debt since that day, I think is pretty bad of them to do to hook people into debt. Anyway, that discussion's for another day.

My question that I really want some help with from you beautiful people is; since finishing my bankruptcy, I have started an online business and customers pay me via paypal. I want to know what are the best ways you can think of or advise me on, to be able to turn my paypal money into cash money in the real world? Yes I know you can buy many things online with paypal but there are many things you can't such as pay bills.

Some of the things I have thought of are;

- Prepaid Credit/Debit cards - Does anybody know of any of these that accept paypal? I've been searching but can't find any. (I've already spoken to Paypal about their Paypal Access Card and it is "Invite Only", I'm not eligible).

- Credit cards that accept paypal as a way to pay them off - I have no idea if any credit cards do accept paypal as a method to pay the balance?

- Buying higher value items such as cars and selling them on for cash?

If you have any other good ideas or can help me out with how I can access my paypal account money as cash, then I would be very grateful.

I know I can open a basic bank account but to be honest, at this stage, after all the stress and suffering I've gone through as a result of the banking/credit industry, I am now against "lending" them any more of my money at all if I can avoid it. They are set up to put us in debt and take advantage of us in the most horrible way. I prefer to keep this warm, fuzzy feeling of being debt free and completely in control of my finances thanks.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with a good suggestion. I'll try and reply to all of your messages.

Comments

• Debt_suvivor
    Options
    I do believe PayPal do a prepaid MasterCard
  • Debt_suvivor
    Options
    But am not sure if they do them for uk that!!!8217;s all.
  • Debt_suvivor
    Options
    Just done a bit of research, it!!!8217;s called PayPal Access Card, for business accounts only I think
  • Steve_Sedgeley
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for your reply. As I said in my thread post, I've already spoken to Paypal about their prepaid "Paypal Access Card" and it is currently "by invite only". They said they couldn't tell me if I would ever receive an invite and couldn't tell me what the criteria was, only that I wasn't currently eligible. So that doesn't appear to be an option at the moment.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Using your balance to pay for goods and services, or withdrawal to a bank account, appear to be your only options then.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Steve_Sedgeley
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.

It looks like that way at the moment which is why I posted here incase somebody had more knowledge than i do and knows something I don't. Here's hoping.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You just add your bank account details to your paypal account and then you can withdraw it to your bank account.
  • Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Have you looked at the Revolut Account? Both my partner and I have one. It is a pre-paid card and my partner thinks he has transferred money from his paypal to revolut.

HTH

EM x
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • tallyhoh
    tallyhoh Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry, I'm confused, why not just withdraw it to your bank account or am I missing something?
    Tallyhoh! Stopped Smoking October 2000. Saved £29382.50 so far!
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    tallyhoh wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm confused, why not just withdraw it to your bank account or am I missing something?
    I know I can open a basic bank account but to be honest, at this stage, after all the stress and suffering I've gone through as a result of the banking/credit industry, I am now against "lending" them any more of my money at all if I can avoid it.

OP does not like banks apparently.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure