PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Comments

• mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Woo hoo How exciting a lovely new shiny thread Thank you greent. Made my way here as there is so many newbies on the facebook group thought there must be something joyful going on :D And I was proved right :D

Welcome everyone and into 2016 we go :T No Black Dog and feeling joyful and up beat ;)

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• Mavvy quick question for you, do you think that the animal sanctuary could use small knitted hedgehogs or bunny rabbits to sell - homemade do won't have kite marks etc. I have knitted the hedgehogs for a small hog rescue place in Devon but just thinking that if the one you support could use some I could split them between the two.
    Let me know what you think please, I could earmark some stash for the as a good cause project.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    :) I do believe I've cracked the secret of assisting Mum to organise and declutter - small bursts, I do the legwork, she makes the decisions and I organise the disposal to chazzers or recycling. By only having her involved for the middle bit, the decision making, I'm minimising her chance to get stressed and over-tired and just veto the whole process.

Yesterday it was the room off the kitchen, and she was astonished at how much better it was afterwards. Today, we did another kitchen cupboard, to more astonishment. Tomorrow's plans include the other kitchen countertop..... orderliness is spreading left, right and centre.

I feel quietly encouraged and just love seeing the decluttered spaces. Tell ya, when I take off for my flat with all the stuff to be chazzered, there will be a few wide-open spaces behind me.

Bring it on!
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    Tell ya, when I take off for my flat with all the stuff to be chazzered, there will be a few wide-open spaces behind me.

Bring it on!

Congrats GQ... although... do you have room for all this stuff in your flat? :D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I'm a long time lurker and rarely post as I have fell off the KonMari wagon somewhat!
    Thanks for the shiny new thread, I will resolve to do more in 2016.
    I have joined the FB group, Hello MandM90 and everyone else!
    Linda x
  • jinny
    jinny Posts: 1,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done GQ you've really been a star for your parents they will feel the benefit from you efforts. Fantastic
    ”Pour yourself a drink, (tea for me now)
    Put on some lipstick
    and pull yourself together”
    - Elizabeth Taylor
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    greenbee wrote: »
    Congrats GQ... although... do you have room for all this stuff in your flat? :D
    :D No! It's presence in my flat is an intermediate stage to get it re-homed. They're beggars here for not concluding the final stage of a declutter - getting it outta the door.

So I take control of it, it sits briefly in my flat (in a pile on the living room floor) and I tote it down to the chazzer. It might seem a bit strange, but it's the only real way that works.

Otherwise, I can put stuff RIGHT BY THE FRONT DOOR with a label on it saying FOR THE CHARITY SHOP and it will be walked past 6 days a week by people who will then be walking past about 6 charity shops and it will still be there 9 months later.

Or until I physically put it in someone's hand as they leave the building so they can't demur about doing it later/ on another day/ when the moon is in a different phase/ whatever the excuse du jour may be.

It is a lot easier for me to do it myself. Plus I get the happy emotion of handing it over at the other end.;)
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    How exciting a new book, a new era. I'm an avid lurker to this thread, seldom post but boy has it made my home life much more efficient, organised and full of joy. Even my knicker drawers make me smile haha.

So I'm grateful to be back in lurk mode xxx
  • Wow 50 posts already. Great to see so many new people joining in.
    I know from experience that the journey can be difficult but KM does make a difference.
    De cluttering Konvert.
    Getting there

Finding a new home under all the STUFF!
  • tooties
    tooties Posts: 801 Forumite
    Evening Folks,

I kondoed my house last year but realise its an ongoing process so will be restarting again once husband goes back to work. Can't get a thing done when he is here.

regards
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family