Magazine offers - DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY

Comments

• I found a great deal in Glamour, 6 issues for £6 and a free Dermalogica gift set. Can I cancel the direct debit and get the free gift or will I be charged the £6?

http://www.magazineboutique.com/glamour Code is 2188 if anyone's interested!
  • PixiePie
    PixiePie Posts: 875 Forumite
    Hepl! I have a friend in the States who wants me to send them the latest copy of Glamour magazine but not the compact size. I have tried 3 or 4 shops and they all seem to only have the compact size and I can't find anything on line either to say it comes in 2 sizes - does anyone know for sure if it does? Thanks in advance.

:confused:

In the UK Glamour only comes in the small size - one of it's selling points over here was that it was the first magazine to be 'handbag sized' which it did at launch a few years ago - you CANNOT get the UK version of Glamour magazine in the 'normal' larger size. In the US they produce Glamour in a normal size, and you can get this in some larger newsagents and supermarkets in the UK but this is the US version NOT the UK version - the content is set out in a typically US way (which is quite different from ours, with adverts in the middle of articles for eg) and obviously all products are US (so you might not be able to get them here) and US prices. The US version has a sticker over the bar-code with the UK price and UK bar code on it (usually quite pricey due to the import).

You probably need to ask your friend if they want the US or the UK version of the magazine, and if they want the UK version, you'll have to let her know that they only sell it in the little version.
    Do not feed the trolls please.
  • Hiya.
    I'm hoping that someone can give me some advice on how to get a good deal on Practical Classics magazine.

I subscribed to it on direct debit last year as a birthday gift for him indoors. Its not cheap......£46.50 (ouch!) and he would like it again for his gift this year. Its due for renewal next month.

Is there a way I can cancel it and renew it to get the current free gift? All ideas gratefully recieved!

user_online.gifpost_thanks.gif
  • teabythesea
    teabythesea Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    Anyone know any good offers on cosmo? x
  • wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Does anyone have any offers for essentials? I can't see, to find any good deals. Finally got a good one on easy living but essentials is proving more difficult.

Cheers!
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • just recieved my simple anti wrinkle freebies with the 5 issues of easy living for £5, very impressed and looking forward to a new younger looking me!
  • lucerysmum
    lucerysmum Posts: 2,696 Forumite
    Anyone know any good offers on cosmo? x

Magzine Group have 12 for £18 - http://www.magazine-group.co.uk/magazine/womens-interest/fashion/cosmopolitan-(travel-size)
  • Please can someone tell me if you get free monthly gifts with any of the following magazines:
    Glamour
    Instyle
    Easy Living
    Marie Claire

Thanks x
  • mummyd_2
    mummyd_2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    looking for a 3-6 month sup for my 2 nephews anyone know of any deals around £25-30.
    thanks in advance
  • -MRS_T-
    -MRS_T- Posts: 2,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    yasmin2k20 wrote: »
    Please can someone tell me if you get free monthly gifts with any of the following magazines:
    Glamour
    Instyle
    Easy Living
    Marie Claire

Thanks x

Taken from the 3 for £1 magazine thread thanks go to jenniewb herepost 836

Glamour mag sub comes with a Dermalogica Rescue gift set worth £18.50
    Multi Active Toner 50ml (spray)
    Daily Microfoliant 13g
    Skin Hydreating Masque (could be 50ml?)
    Skin Hydrating Booster 7ml
    Total Eye Care with SPF15 4ml

6 issues for £6
    call 0844 848 5202 and use code 2188, lines open from 8am till 9.30 mon-fri and 8am-4pm saturdays. Calls 5p per min on BT lines.
    OR
    www.magazineboutique.co.uk/glamour

Small print reads that renewed subs are £7 for 6 issues so still a great saving and as it says 'renewed' I'd assume that you can infact cancel soon after issue 4 or 5 and have just the 6 issues delivered.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback