Married Quarters (MQ) Residents

Comments

• lopez75
    lopez75 Posts: 49 Forumite
    Power shower? Blimey we haven't even got a shower....and I told them when I was pg how was I meant to get in and out of bath and they didn't care!!!!:mad:

lolol! I had an old enamel bath in my last quarter that was chipped to death, I wouldn't have minded but I didn't have a shower either and I was pregnant too and got pretty much the same response when I asked if I could have one! I lived in that quarter for 10 mths and it took me 9 mths to get a new bath. Worst house I ever lived in. But my neighbours house had all mod cons! Power shower, new kitchen...Grrr!
  • kitchpoo
    kitchpoo Posts: 1,255 Forumite
    lopez75 wrote: »
    Many thanks, I might give them a ring and see what I can find out. We are on the move soon and I don't want to be stung for things that were going to be done anyway. :rolleyes:

You wont be charged for dilapidation, only really on cleanliness. So if there is a stain on a carpet you could be charged for the clean, or if it beyond cleaning then the cost of replacement, based on a sliding scale depending on it's age.

If items are not clean - despite it's age, you could face charges

Occupant damage charges (holes in walls/doors etc) are at the discretion of the Housing Officer.
    Praying at the church of MSE should be compulsory!

There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.
  • discobaby
    discobaby Posts: 1,156 Forumite
    God I feel so lucky we are based in Marchwood and have the brand new accomodation (well it was 2 yrs ago when we moved in)!
  • lopez75
    lopez75 Posts: 49 Forumite
    kitchpoo wrote: »
    You wont be charged for dilapidation, only really on cleanliness. So if there is a stain on a carpet you could be charged for the clean, or if it beyond cleaning then the cost of replacement, based on a sliding scale depending on it's age.

If items are not clean - despite it's age, you could face charges

Occupant damage charges (holes in walls/doors etc) are at the discretion of the Housing Officer.

I appreciate that, this is my 6th quarter and I've never been too worried about the hand over and we've never had any problems but things have changed lately and people are being stung for little things.

Maybe you can advise me on this one...the previous tenants obviously painted. As I was washing the walls down one day (after my little girl had found a pen!) the paint was coming off and you could see the pink paint underneath. Now because I can't get the pen off as I'm too scared to rub anymore, I should and would usually repaint the wall BUT I don't want to if it's due redecoration. My carpets have already been lifed as they are 10 yrs old so I am wondering if they redecorated at the same time as fitting the carpets. So what would you advise? Paint the wall or see if I can find out when it's due redecoration?

Thanks again! :A
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    kitchpoo wrote: »
    I work for MHS (If you are in Married Quarters in the UK you'll know who we are and what we do) as a Technical Officer , if you have any issues regarding quarters and what MHS should be doing please dont hesitate to contact me.

You should read the forum on our station website, its full of bad things about MHS & the repairs scheme.

Shame you cant read it..
  • kitchpoo
    lopez75 wrote: »
    I appreciate that, this is my 6th quarter and I've never been too worried about the hand over and we've never had any problems but things have changed lately and people are being stung for little things.

Maybe you can advise me on this one...the previous tenants obviously painted. As I was washing the walls down one day (after my little girl had found a pen!) the paint was coming off and you could see the pink paint underneath. Now because I can't get the pen off as I'm too scared to rub anymore, I should and would usually repaint the wall BUT I don't want to if it's due redecoration. My carpets have already been lifed as they are 10 yrs old so I am wondering if they redecorated at the same time as fitting the carpets. So what would you advise? Paint the wall or see if I can find out when it's due redecoration?

Thanks again! :A

I'd wait until the pre-march out. Point it out to the housing officer, and they will make a decision as to whether they think it will need doing or not, saving you the hassle of doing it beforehand. Carpets and painting are not always done at the same time so it isnt a guide to when it was last painted.

There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.
  • kitchpoo
    You should read the forum on our station website, its full of bad things about MHS & the repairs scheme.

Shame you cant read it..

They are more than welcome to come on here and bring up points. Sometimes many of the items are communication and explination to the occupant which isnt done well, some are beyond MHS's control and sometimes we do get it wrong.

Usually once you get hold of the right people things move on faster and correctly.

Out of interest, which station? (prays and hopes it isnt one of mine!)

• EmmEve
    EmmEve Posts: 260 Forumite
    Wow kitchpoo you're brave admitting that on a forces forum :rotfl:

I've had the most horrendous issues with MHS in the past and i even had to complain to my local mp on one ocassion! I wish i did it on every ocassion but theres only so much time you can waste in life!

I noticed in a recent copy of AFF journal your complaint rates have dropped. I then read an article on complaint fatigue and i have to say i agree complaints have probably dropped because people simply don't have the time (or energy) to constantly chase MHS for repairs, unfinished jobs, unreturned phone calls etc etc.

Can you tell us why so many things have been left out of the MHS/DE contract. Drains, carpets etc etc.
  • Marker_2
    Marker_2 Posts: 3,260 Forumite
    What stations are you incharge of Kitch? :)
    99.9% of my posts include sarcasm!
    Touch my bum :money:
    Tesco - £1000 , Carpet - £20, Barclaycard - £50, HSBC - £50 + Car - £1700
    SAVED =£0
    Debts - £2850
  • I received a letter from DE stating my MQ has been downgraded from a 2 to a 3. I looked at my payslip and noticed that I have been charged for grade 1 since I moved in in Sep 05. I called my admin office at work, they said go to JPAC, who said go to DE, which is Aldershot for me. Aldershot said there was a typo on the letter and it should be a jump from grade 1 to 3, but several others on my patch are grade 2, so my question is...how can I get a difinitive answer as it could potentially be a mis-payment of over £2000, which is significant. In addition, as I am an eligible/not entitled occupant living on my own, how can I get the 25% reduction in CILOCT payment which I have not received for the whole duration. Everyone seems to want to pass me on to someone else to get it sorted, this is also worth over £800 to me. Finally, thanks for setting up this forum, I think its great you are prepared to spend the time answering our queries. Regards GM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure