Tax code info missing from Personal Tax Account

Shedman
Shedman Posts: 1,495 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
Anybody know why the Tax Code info might no longer be showing on the online Personal Tax Account pages? The info was there before start of this tax year but has been removed. It's still showing on wife's PTA.

I have emailed the Help team but it'll be several days before I get a response so just wondered if anyone had any thoughts or had experienced it themselves. Thanks

Comments

• Don't recall anyone bringing this up before.

Do you have a job/pension in this tax year?

Does your wife have a job/pension in this tax year?
  • Shedman
    I was employed PAYE for early part of the tax year last year and had a small DB pension. I only have the small DB this year which interestingly is now this year being taxed using D0 code - hence why I wanted to look at info HMRC were using.

The wife was also employed for part of last year and as it was effectively a zero hours contract and, as she might be called upon for a further few weeks of temp cover, hasn't had a P45 yet.

I had been wondering whether the lack of PAYE income was reason that section had disappeared from the Home Page.

To be fair to HMRC they did respond this evening but unfortunately didn't answer the right question.
  • Well it seems you are both in the same situation i.e. you do have a PAYE income in this tax year so it does seem strange yours is missing.

NB. Not sure why you say you don't have PAYE income, is your pension company treating you as a self employed pensioner :-)
  • Shedman

NB. Not sure why you say you don't have PAYE income, is your pension company treating you as a self employed pensioner :-)

That was just to make it clear my earned income last year was through a company payroll rather than self employed income.

Yes it's all a bit strange but HMRC are on the case !!!129315;
  • Shedman
    Just as a follow-up and in case it helps anyone else I had this reply from HMRC this morning (have to say I am impressed by speed of their responses):

"Thank you for contacting HMRC Digital Services.

As you don't have employment in the current Tax year we are unable to display your PAYE details through your Personal Tax Account.

However as your employment ceased in the last Tax Year you can still access this information through the link below which will take you directly into the Check Your Income Tax Service.

You will need to use your current login credentials to access this service.

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/check-income-tax/what-do-you-want-to-do "

I logged on using that link but it says "Our records show you have no taxable income in this tax year, because your employment/pension ended on 11 August 2017" This is despite me continuing to be paid a DB pension that is taxed at source... I have notified them of the continuing pension so let's see what happens.
  • Excellent timing! I'm trying to access 2017/18 figures as I think I overpaid, however I was made redundant before the end of the tax year and have yet to earn anything this tax year (this should be rectified soon :-) ) so nothing shows up.
    I've added that link to my bookmarks.
    Cheers,
    Andy
  • jono47
    jono47 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I logged in last week and all my Tax information was missing.
    I went online to report it to support and nearly a week later nothing !
  • notbritishgas
    notbritishgas Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    jono47 wrote: »
    I logged in last week and all my Tax information was missing.
    I went online to report it to support and nearly a week later nothing !
    on two occasions I have used and been very impressed with the web chat service.
    Do not login to your personal tax account but go to the normal Hmrc contact us site.
    That lists the contact methods, eg twitter, phone and web chat.
    If any agents are available there will be a clickable link, if not it will say no agents available at the moment.
    Do not clear the page as when an agent becomes available so will the clickable link. You may have to wait a while, eg 20 to 30 minutes but it is worth the wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure