Please report spam

Options
sourcrates
sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
edited 4 April 2018 at 7:46PM in Debt-free wannabe
Can i just remind everyone, if you see an obvious :spam: post, then please, click on the REPORT SPAM button on that post.

The less spam, the more help we can give to people.

Thanks.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter

Comments

• Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    I've reported five spams on the Loans board 20 minutes ago. Nothing happening yet.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,623 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sadly there is so much of it arriving at the moment that it takes a while to process the deluge
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Deluge is the right word, I am constantly bombarded with it on the blog. :mad:

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Am I being blind when I can't see how to do this??
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • sourcrates
    Options
    Am I being blind when I can't see how to do this??

Just press the spam button, may not show if your on some types of mobile.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    It doesn't show when I'm on the pc either :/
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • actd
    actd Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 April 2018 at 12:20PM
    Options
    Not a spam, but I've just done a google search and an advert popped up with an advert for "amazing - Martin's new venture helps British families earn a second income" (with a picture of Martin Lewis, so no doubt it's claiming to be from him) - I presume this isn't endorsed by him at all.

Link is:

Edit - link doesn't work, but I have a screenshot if needed.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Martin is taking legal action against Facebook concerning fake endorsements, so perhaps that will encourage Google to be a little more proactive.
  • sourcrates
    Options
    actd wrote: »
    Not a spam, but I've just done a google search and an advert popped up with an advert for "amazing - Martin's new venture helps British families earn a second income" (with a picture of Martin Lewis, so no doubt it's claiming to be from him) - I presume this isn't endorsed by him at all.

Link is:

Edit - link doesn't work, but I have a screenshot if needed.

Please do not post or quote spam links, as it just feeds the fire.

Thanks.
  • MoneyGeoff
    MoneyGeoff Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    LadyDee wrote: »
    Martin is taking legal action against Facebook concerning fake endorsements

Hope he wins. It's particularly irritating that Facebook keep saying we simply need to report posts and they will remove them. So we need to sit around scouring millions of Facebook posts for malicious content? Unpaid? As Martin himself says:

Facebook need to police Facebook

Oh wait, what was the topic again? We need to police MSE...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure