NST February A FOREST ADVENTURE

Comments

• Foxholes: I live in a funny town, in parts of it, its normal for playdates to be at a softplay/cinema/pub with garden. Its also expected to have playdays several times a week. I did get some funny reactions when the kids came to our house, and I unleashed glitter, pva and cardboard. DD1 was even singled out for it.
    We changed schools.

Mothernerd, thank you for that, I :heart2:my NSD's. I had been using Cotton wool and boiled-cooled water (Mum's a nurse) but it didn't seem to be having any effect.

Having caught up with everyone I realise I need to get a grip on things before they run roughshod over my attempt of control. I'm off to plan and budget - rock and roll! :rotfl:
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Sorry turtles, I am having a strange day. Yesterday I made a start on the kitchen, emptied, cleaned and refilled the fridge (+ sink, worktop, washing up and a couple of gadgets that needed moving) then emptied the freezer, moved it to its new location and refilled it (wrote a list of what was in, mostly ingredients).

I ahve been looking for a couple of urgently needed things I have mislaid, so trying to hurry along the remaining clutter in my room (already doing a re-sort of some items). Started today with good intentions for further progress. I have mostly cleared the kitchen table including sorting things into categories and did many trips to various recycling bins and putting away clean pots. Clean washing has been moved to the front room (spare bed used for visitors) to aid in sorting into owners piles (their non put away stuff is overflowing on the landing - and they are both asleep again now).

Since then I have struggled to make progress (although have taken some notes, assessing the problem - elephant or a small herd of them). Then I fell asleep. Barely eaten all day. Need to sort my sleep pattern, my eating (some good choices made), organise several areas of my life (as best I can, taking into account the limited energy and various bits not working as they should), put more structure back in (the allocation of one urgent housework task to each day is helping). Thinking of tracking daily activity and working out how much is useful and how much procrastination (some is both as I may not be working on my top priorities but I am distracting my brain with activitites that stop it catastrophising and making mischief).

This doesn't mean you are not a priority but right now I am hungry (only eaten once today) so will deal with that (sausage and beans I think as sore throat is trying to return) and then set to work. I will work as long as I can tonight (sometimes I try to get back to sleep, sometimes I work). Would love some ice cream - might eat some of mum's tomorrow if she's left any (3 scoops she wanted, I know what we would have got told when we were little).

So may see you later after kicking the chaos into some sort of order. Today I am grateful for the things I have got done, for all my lovely turtles and for simple easy food and bits that hide in the corners of the freezer.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Another NSD. Up to 3 now.
    Beautiful sunny day here,made me feel like getting up and doing something.
    Did a big pile of washing,which means getting the iron out tomorrow:mad:
    Food was all from freezer and fridge.Made enough for tomorrow as well. Had a good clean up and got rid of a lot of stuff into the recycling bin.
    Sold a couple of small bits on e-bay.So made a few pounds there.
    Wolk tomorrow so will try to find a few things to get rid off to there.
    This elephant is going to take some shifting :D

ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 994/2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 20/20
  • I am posting for 3rd day in a row. Special achievement for me!!
    Second Nsd, food from stocks in freezer and cupboards and will be the same for tomorrow apart from milk and lunch for live-in daughter to take to work.

Had a painful day today so not much done except sleep on and off, never got out of my pyjamas, but feel much better tonight.

More tadpole e:mails unsubscribed, may take time for effect to show and they stop coming.

Christmas decorations elephant has started to be dealt with.

Today I am grateful for my comfortable bed which helped to ease the pains, easily got at batch cooked food stored in the freezer, the antics of the birds on the feeders and the spring flowers growing in the garden

Hugs to all
    NSD 1/3,
    My mantra is After I ....I will. eg After I make my morning coffee, I will take my medication. Eventually this will become a habit,
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all :j

Always : Will try to make sure I can make/save some money this month instead of always spending up to the max..No food spends so far this month. CC bill looks much less scary & it needs to stay that way. Had to pay my tax bill in Jan, all done. No spends today, money managed to print off cc bill which makes it easier to pay back through the month. Still no food spends

First : Agree

Organise : Planning to draw out cash for budget this week.

Reserve : Already make a charity donation each month from joint acc. Will also set up a DD for an animal one. Still to do

Environment : Got out into garden today & did some clearing in borders. Hellebores coming out & lots of bulbs appearing. Then in greenhouse to plant a few more trays of seeds.

Stock take : Lunch & dinner all from fridges, haven't had to chuck anything as yet which I thought I would. Realise I also need to stocktake all other food stocks (kitchen cupboards, pantry, larder, cellar :eek:)

Takeaways are forbidden (unless as part of family entertainment night/ birthday choice). Coffee shops, vending machines, works canteens etc are also banned (pastoral exceptions): Not planning on any takeaways, too much food here to need any.

Always take your lunch to work and snacks and drinks for outings or appointments: Will do

Do something different. If nothing changes, nothing changes. We want to see small positive changes which become habits and then just part of who you are. Pick 2 or 3 things you want to change. Start with one small change and after five successful days, add another: Will give this one some thought.

Valentine Who? : Have hair appointment coincidentally on this date, if I don't cancel it. Will save cash if I do & it's not strictly necessary.

Exercise 5 times a week please: Could well be gardening or clearing, cleaning etc but will aim to be active. In the garden today

NSDs are staying at 18 this month: 1/18 so far..

Throw it away: Big push on this, much clearing needs to be done but refuse to toss useful stuff, will freecycle or CS - but preferably sell! Have some stuff sorted out but need to take photos. Got big bag filled with old newspapers, will take with me to CS Tuesday. Have taken photos but not listed yet.

Use what you have. Fix something : Have some knobs on drawers cupboard etc in bedroom that have come adrift. Need superglueing or I have already bought 4 new ones if not fixable. Not done yet. Planted 2 more trays of seeds, these were not old so should get some flowers etc

Refuel properly: Will do this, already am taking some steps to improve health & sleep patterns. Taking supplements now & bedtime tea, seems to be working. Still good, ate well but did make a cake, I blame that Mary Berry..

Elephants and Frogs: Frog printer tackled today & is now working, albeit intermittently. Elephant - sorted two bags of stuff DD brought round for me to take to CS. Some only fit for rags, some summer stuff that will get ragged if I take it in now, and some I can take on Tues. Not much on this today, but did realise that it needs to get done before the garden explodes into life...no sorting today, but will try & press gang DH into helping tomorrow..

Thanks mothernerd for running the challenge, it is very much appreciated even though I am not a model turtle pupil yet
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    "It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine"
    Eyeore
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Yesterday was NSD 2 for me!

Entering the last week before half term.

Off to shake the smalls awake.

Have a great day everyone, and you too KerryWoman good luck with your first day back at work.

Don't forget your gloves Turtles.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 769 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Kerry woman hope your return to work goes ok !!
    morning all!

today should be NSD #4. off to the aquarium with my little ones. Passes are anual and hub is paying parking.

Budgets still £117 however I am expecting to be refunded for my little lads swimming being cancelled which should be an extra 15 quid.

made a list of things to take abroad with us in June like cereal bars for snacks to keep unnecessary spends down. Not being tight I want my money to be spent on things I actually want & fun things not things like snacks & juice for the kids!

hope you all have a nice start to the week. xx
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    greent - hope the kitchen refit goes well.

Kerry Woman - good luck at work.

DottyDaisy - I keep unsubbing from emails but some of them still keep coming and on some when you click unsub the link is broken :mad:

foxholes - we have two weeks before half term, I'm counting down the days now.

Working today, super busy day, need to dog walk and will probably try to run after tea.

One of DS's ebay items sold last night and I am waiting for payment for 2 other items - one mine and one DD's.

Not much else going on today, have a bag to drop off at the charity shop, post ebay sales (if paid), school run and all meals from stores.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Apologies for not posting over week, find it hard going on a tablet. Sure my eyes can't cope with back light on it.

Been well behaved and pleased to announce I have spent nothing so far this month.

NSD 5/18 not spending today. Best start ever to a month.

Walked 10k or over each day bar Saturday tried but was so wet only managed 6k. Did a National Trust garden walk yesterday with grandkids, picnic bit brr but hey ho nice to get out in fresh air.

Broke a tooth over the weekend oh joy, not hurting but appointment tomorrow so the financial pain may hurt.

Managing with what food stocks I have in. Looks like use up pasta or rice tonight even though craving a baked potato - not shopping until tomorrow.

Frogs - not losing weight but I do tend to nibble - will try a food diary this week as I feel so miserable about my size(growing 16)and clothes I can't fit into.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure