Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Comments

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Enjoy Poland, maman. My son and his wife were in Gdansk for a wedding in July and they loved it.

Oh, bubbs, what a lovely time to win those vouchers. Enjoy them.

Your text message mad me laugh, Sunshine.

Enjoy the jeans, Mrs_R!

Hi, UKTigerlily and ariarnia, nice to meet you.

Hope that bug has gone away, beanie.

Well, I have had a good few days off plan. (Thanks kathrynha, I’ve enjoyed it) I hope it’s enough to get my mojo back. WI tomorrow so expecting a big gain. It’ll be worth it if it gets me back on the straight and narrow.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • ariarnia wrote: »
    Hi.

Just popping in to ask if anyone has any suggestions for using several tubs of the muller mint yogurt?

I bought 8 of them on offer because I normally love mint choc chip but they're truly absolutely horrible :(

Too sweet and artificial tasting and no chocolate flavour at all (I couldn't even get the OH to have more than a spoonful) but I hate wasting food.

Thanks in advance :D

Make ice cream with it or feed it the dog?
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    WI tonight. My scales say so but they never accord with the SW ones. Have just done salsacise for final push. My menu today :-

BF Porridge and milk (HEA &!HEB)
    Snack : banana
    Lunch : jacket potato, beans and mixed salad
    Snack : muller light
    tea : SW paella (after WI).
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Think I'm all caught up on the spreadsheet is all up to date. Well done to the losers, and hugs to the gainers.

Hope you are feeling a bit better Beanielou, and Bubbs, wow I'm so impressed with what you are producing without an oven.

I didn't manage to stay out of hospital this weekend, so more not on plan, and with WI tomorrow, no chance of pulling it back. Would just be happy to maintain.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - salad
    Dinner - chicken (not sure what yet)

HA - milk and cheese
    HB ?
    Syns - salad dressing (1), plus more
    Zebras rock
  • Oh dear it's + 2 for me this week. Line drawn :o

Haven't caught up on the thread in days so will remedy this tonight.
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • kathrynha
    Oh dear it's + 2 for me this week. Line drawn :o

Haven't caught up on the thread in days so will remedy this tonight.

Oh well, sounds like you expected it. We all have weeks like that.

There are some chatty ones on here at weekends. Always lots to catch up :)
    Zebras rock
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning everyone. Welcome UKtigerlily and ariana. Kathryn and Beanie, take care of yourselves and I hope you're feeling better soon. Greentiger glad you enjoyed your break! MrsR I think you're right to go off plan for your graduation - all that hard work you put in for your degree you deserve to enjoy the celebrations.

Ended on 14 syns yesterday as cannot resist Yorkshire pudding - I can't make it to save my life which is a terrible admission for a Yorkshire born and bred girl - so Aldi's frozen ones save the day. During my many experiments at making them, my kids would give them a poke and ask suspiciously 'Have you made these?' I tried lying but never convinced them!

Todays menu
    B Porridge with 1 tsp sugar, satsuma
    L Gammon with LO veg fried up, extra veg, brown sauce. Yoghurt
    D Either HM fish fingers or fishcakes - haven't decided yet. Will need to syn breadcrumbs.
    HEA Milk
    I'll add in some more fruit somewhere.

Have a good day.
  • kathrynha
    esmy wrote: »
    Ended on 14 syns yesterday as cannot resist Yorkshire pudding - I can't make it to save my life which is a terrible admission for a Yorkshire born and bred girl - so Aldi's frozen ones save the day. During my many experiments at making them, my kids would give them a poke and ask suspiciously 'Have you made these?' I tried lying but never convinced them!

:eek::shocked::eek::shocked::eek::shocked::eek::shocked::eek::shocked::eek::shocked::eek::shocked:

I was taught to make them at 4 years old, same as my daughter has been. It's part of our heritage, and I still do them to the same recipe as I was taught. It has been passed down for generations.
    Zebras rock
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    kathrynha wrote: »
    :eek::shocked::eek::shocked::eek::shocked::eek::shocked::eek::shocked::eek::shocked::eek::shocked:

I was taught to make them at 4 years old, same as my daughter has been. It's part of our heritage, and I still do them to the same recipe as I was taught. It has been passed down for generations.

I've had my Mum, my Mum in law, sister in law, assorted friends stood over me while I make them, I've tried all the tips and tricks, the weirdest of which was adding mayo to the mix (!), I've tried all the recipes from various chefs and cookery books, I've had about 5 different ovens as an adult - and they still don't work! Everyone claims to be mystified as to why they end up flat and soggy. I make a mean pancake though....
  • kathrynha wrote: »

I get my daughter to make them now, she's 4 too. For me, no matter what the meat is, it's not a Sunday Dinner unless you have yorkshire puds.

Esmy my top tips are equal volumes of egg, plain flour and milk, let your batter rest, turn your oven up and get your oil/fat smoking before you add the batter and once in the oven don't open the door. I've not heard of adding mayo but I do sometimes a a couple of tsp of horseradish.

WI this week was -2.5lbs so happy with that.

Today its
    B: Overnight oats & berries (Heb)
    L: HM veg soup & slice of toast (6)
    D: Chicken stir fry
    Hea milk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts