NST Joyful July

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Me too, Apple Muncher. I loathe shopping apart from food. We don't have markets here (apart from very expensive farmers' ones) so when we find one when we're on holiday I have to be dragged away.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Reporting in a NSD for yesterday - met my colleague for coffee and cake and she paid!!

Today wont be a NSD as I am going to see a natural allergy therapist.

Frugalwoods - email from 4/7 was interesting as we have quite a high Sky package (£68pm) and we keep talking about getting rid of it. I have read a bit about Now TV but think we would need an aerial which we don't have so would need to have one fitted. We did try to cut it down once before but they just reduced the cost for a few months instead.
    DH does like watching TV and that is his way to relax in the evenings. DD watches quite a bit of TV and I would be happy without a TV!! DS at Uni and mainly watches Dr Who.

Does anyone have Now TV and could explain a bit more about it? Or any other ideas? We mainly like crime documentaries and DH likes casualty while DD like Teen Moms, Dance Moms etc

The email yesterday was about using up things from the cupboard - I have loads of pig offal (heart, liver, kidney etc) from when our pigs went off to slaughter last year. I used to be vegetarian and brought in meat for DH and the kids but now we rear our own I feel I owe it to the animal to use it all up. I did try cooking up kidney/liver last year for the dogs and they were not amused!! Has anyone got any ideas about what to do with it?
  • Toni'sfriend
    We have now TV and, as I understand it, it comes through the broadband. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. We got it as we have a bedroom which doesn't get a signal even with an aerial. Once you've bought the box you have access to a basic package which is mainly catch up, I think. You can buy various types of packages but they can be cancelled after a month. I sometimes buy the entertainment package and then cancel it for a bit after I watched everything that's currently there that I want to watch.
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Toni hope you enjoyed the wine.

SFD 3/16 yesterday.

Sorry didn't check in yesterday. Went home from work, did a few chores sat in garden and fell asleep for about 10 mins. Woke up to feeling like a Zombie, I felt this tired on Sunday as well. Dreadful had no energy, hair washing had to be done this morning, so no exercise in evening. Fell back asleep by 8pm. This can't be right, so like abundant going to be monitoring what I am doing and rest I am getting.

Off work this afternoon GS summer fayre so no doubt few pennies here and there. Plus ordered some rocks for is birthday online. Small spend as had 5 amazon voucher. These have a testing kit with them. Can collect hopefully few rocks/ minerals for him locally over the weekend.

One of my friends just got a Now box and raving about being able to watch youtube on her tv. Think she did for husband to watch Rugby small fee for that. Think she paid 20 pounds for the box but she still has Sky until her contract is up.

Still dopey mare today. Hope a few hours away from the office will liven me up. Started taking multi vitamins yesterday.

Grateful for
    Sun and all bath mats washed/dried.
    Prices for Phil Collins tickets being so expensive I now won't consider it.
    Fun with GS after school today and best cakes ever. Red Velvet Brownies being made for us.

Have a lovely day everyone
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Toni'sfriend
    I certainly did, Calling. I've decided life's too short to be worrying about all these things I can't do anything about. A few neighbours have offered to do my washing (one even said she'd do the ironing as well - what wonderful neighbours I have) until we organise a new machine. The mess is a mess and will be until the work's finished and if my friend has a glass of wine she won't notice how untidy the house is. Actually she wouldn't notice anyway.
    So, I refuse to be stressed.
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    4th NSD!! I am pretty pleased with myself lol. I am finding its getting easier I am going to attempt a four day stretch including today.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    SFD number 2 here. Got a takeaway again last night, but I finished my last marking contract :)

From today, I will be frugal and from Saturday, I will be back on slimming world.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • SkintTeacher
    SkintTeacher Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    nsd 2 yesterday
    Today I signed up for a half marathon - I've been looking for ages and finally spotted one in the right time frame and close enough to home. My 10k is this weekend and I'm mostly on track with training. I've missed a session this week as my OH took me out for dinner unexpectedly after a horrific day at work.
    I've also bought cinema tickets (I waited for cheaper screening and worked out a ticket combo that cost us £4 less).
    This week I've been grateful for my supportive, kind colleagues.
    My little one's 1st day at school going swimmingly and ending with an, 'i LOVE my new school!!!'
    Chocolate.
    My fantastic husband - he knows just the right words and is my constant companion and support.

So fitness = good. (Haven't weighed myself for a while but I feel the same)
    Money-saving = all on track and the things I've spent on were joyful. I'm hoping to get to the end of the month without dipping into savings at all. Would be a bit of a miracle but so far so good!

Loving the inspiration from you all *Skinty*
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for the pupils I teach, for finding a pair of as-new karr1m0r sandals in a ch shop so I forsook the 72 hour rule and nabbed 'em, for time with dd, for dd drawing a face on her potato ready for some photos, for dh's dentist visit (2 extractions - ouch) going smoothly, for shred #4 (and I didn't wimp out and not use weights), for getting shred 4 done before collecting dd (just), for a relaxing evening, for cheery bus drivers, for yesterday's tax rebate still making me smile :D
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Toni'sfriend
    NSD No 2 (might be the last one for a few days). Friends have phoned to say their coming tomorrow. Oh well, just have to take us as they find us. It's C's birthday so I plan for us to all go to the local pub for a meal rather than cooking. He's a bit down at the moment so I hope this will cheer him up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure