Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• Most of the deals quoted here seem to be for full packages with no price breakdown which makes working out whether I'm getting a good deal quite difficult!

What sort of price should I be aiming for for the below? (current Sky+ HD customer)

Original bundle
    Sky Q (plus 1 mini box which I think is no extra charge)
    Broadband / fibre (plus line rental)

Thanks!
  • AmberWH
    AmberWH Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I can only comment on the Broadband plus line rental.
    Broadband (unlimited) - free (standard speed which is fine). Beware - Sky have been fined for smallprint on their advert for fibre cos it wasn't unlimited. Despite this fine they are still sometimes advertising fibre with this smallprint so always check it is unlimited, to compare them to other ISPs.
    Line rental - now lowest I can get is £18.99
    Sky anytime talk - full price (they won't discount any more) - £8
    I got this by cancelling my contract at the end (2 weeks ago) and a window popped up on the website offering this so-called deal. Going via the phone or chatline was horrendous - they wanted more than this and upped it every time I rang.
    For me it's a 73% increase. It's a scandal it's not in the papers, what's happening to ISP prices. Be prepared - haggling doesn't work any more!
  • HedZupp wrote: »
    Most of the deals quoted here seem to be for full packages with no price breakdown which makes working out whether I'm getting a good deal quite difficult!

What sort of price should I be aiming for for the below? (current Sky+ HD customer)

Original bundle
    Broadband / fibre (plus line rental)

Thanks!

There is an offer for free BB just pay line rental at £18.99, go to the help tab, then click on cancel BB and click on going to another provider and an offer should come up, or this may work https://secure.sky.com/downgrades/broadband/offer, there are no discounts for the phone packages at the moment so we're on the 'pay as you go' type plan but use the minutes on our mobiles instead, this is a bit of a pain as reception is not too good at home but as we don't make many calls it will do.

Tv, have a look at the packages and which you want, 60% off last year was good along with £50 account credit, this year I was offered 50% and £20 account credit, as we only watch a few programmes on Sky Atlantic and all the rest are on freeview £11 per month is not worth it as we can get these couple programmes on Now Tv on catch up a few weeks after they've aired and will only be paying for one or two months.

I can't help on Sky Q as we have the old Sky+ box which is starting to become unreliable.

I was disconnected yesterday so if/when I get a better offer I will post here.
  • Breakdown of my deal:

- Boxsets £22.80
    - Sports (all channels) - £16.80
    - Sky Cinema - £5.10
    - HD Basic - £0
    - Sky Sports HD - £2
    - Sky Q mini box - £12

Was paying £35 (friends and family Sky Q intro offer), wanted me to pay £92. Rejected offers of £85, £79 and settled on £58
  • HedZupp wrote: »

There's no additional upfront charge for the mini box but it does add £12 a month to the cost. If adding more then they charge £99 extra per added box but for the same monthly fee.
  • There's no additional upfront charge for the mini box but it does add £12 a month to the cost. If adding more then they charge £99 extra per added box but for the same monthly fee.

So you have to pay £12pm for one skyQ box as a rental? My Sky+ box is on its last legs :(.
  • mikeizz
    mikeizz Posts: 60 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 September 2017 at 12:31PM
    So you have to pay £12pm for one skyQ box as a rental? My Sky+ box is on its last legs :(.

Probably be a lot cheaper to buy a second hand sky+ box off ebay!

You can get them for about £20.

My dad has Sky Q and hates it, saying he prefered the interface of the sky+ box , each to their own though!
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Anyone had any joy trying to go from Sky+ to Sky Q as part of the renewal? Best I'm getting at the minute is 35% off and free boxes but its only for 12 months on an 18 month contract. My subscription finished on Saturday so I'm now in the disconnection phase but haven't seen much improvement in the offers. Is it a waiting game?

I've done all my talking through online chat, do people get more luck over the phone?
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Anyone had any joy trying to go from Sky+ to Sky Q as part of the renewal? Best I'm getting at the minute is 35% off and free boxes but its only for 12 months on an 18 month contract. My subscription finished on Saturday so I'm now in the disconnection phase but haven't seen much improvement in the offers. Is it a waiting game?

I've done all my talking through online chat, do people get more luck over the phone?

I think you will have to get a good deal on sky+ like 50/60% off and then try to upgrade online and you will see what it will cost you but if you get a 12 month sky+ discount and i think sky Q will be 18 month long so you may have to pay full price for the last 6 months and aslo you dont own any of the sky Q gear and will have to returned to sky when you leave.
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks. Is there a limit on the discount though you can transfer to Sky Q? Happy to stay as long as I get the good deals its just a pain negotiating each time. Definitely don't want to pay full price for 6 months though.

Is there a cap on the deals? I might angle for a non contract renewal and see what they say about transferring that (just in case they don't let me carry over the discount to Q).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback