How to find transaction details?

Hi,

We are in dispute with a credit company, Creation, and they have now involved a debt recovery company. My wife had made a number of payments but Creation are denying they received the payments. From online statements it doesn’t show the transaction details such as the account and sort code the money was sent to. The bank have said they can’t tell us which I find frankly ridiculous.

So any advice on how we can find out the transaction details? Surely our bank can tell us where our money was sent?

Thanks

Comments

• Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    From which bank did she make these payments?

How were these payments made? Debit card or Faster Payment?
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    How long ago were the payments made? You are right that the bank will certainly have recorded the sortcode and account number that the payment was sent to, but there may be a limit to how long that information is held (I'd expect it to be at least a year though, if not more).
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    andrewd wrote: »
    Hi,

We are in dispute with a credit company, Creation, and they have now involved a debt recovery company. My wife had made a number of payments but Creation are denying they received the payments. From online statements it doesn’t show the transaction details such as the account and sort code the money was sent to. The bank have said they can’t tell us which I find frankly ridiculous.

So any advice on how we can find out the transaction details? Surely our bank can tell us where our money was sent?

Thanks

in your online statement try clicking on the transaction. That should show the amount and the name the recipient and in the case of a transfer the reference used. That's the case with both my Starling Bank current account and Lloyds Bank current account. From there you can get back to Creation and if they say they haven't received it get on to your bank for verification.
  • The bank in question is Barclays. The payments were made in the last 12 months. When I check online it only gives me the amount and date and the reference my wife entered.

She even went into a branch and was told they can!!!8217;t help! That!!!8217;s just rubbish surely?
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If your wife paid online she can view the list of payees she has set up.

select Move money;
    select Manage saved payee list.

She should then see a list of payees, including sort code, account number and reference.

She could use this list to check that the sort code, account number and reference are correct. My suspicion is that at least one of these things is wrong.

Barclays has the information your wife wants. If they are unwilling to give it to her she should make a Subject Action Request, asking for all information they have.

https://www.apply.barclays.co.uk/forms/subject-access-request?execution=e1s1
  • Found the info this morning, took awhile but was there in the list of payees! Wish I’d read snow tigers advice I’d have saved some time!

The sort code and account number are correct as they match what’s on Creation Finances own “how to pay” page on their website.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    i think in your bank can get this answer

And I think, given that the OP already has the answer, that you are nothing but a spammer.
  • FWIW, if Creation want to be difficult then they can legitimately argue that the saved payee details don't constitute proof that previous payments were made to the right account. It would have been possible for you to pay a different account and then change the details later.

Your bank will have full audit information on the transaction(s) which will include sort code, account number and reference, but some banks are more forthcoming with that info than others.
  • If she paid by faster payments and the sort code and account number are correct but the reference was incomplete or wrong then perhaps the payments have bounced back into her bank account?
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    you only need sort and account numbers

reference is for your info
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts