My name's Emz and I'm rubbish at diaries!

Comments

• Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Fragrance gift set purchased. Cheeky Boots have reduced anything costing £50 to £49 so that the extra points don't kick in. So I had to get a pack of towels to bump it up to the £50. I've now got £13.29 worth of points.

Tomorrow is payday, so I'm planning a big Amazon order that will knock 5 presents off my list!!

Emz xx
  • Try ebay or argos for the 5 presents i bet there cheaper than the tax dodgers sorry i mean amazon lol x
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Emzilla
    Try ebay or argos for the 5 presents i bet there cheaper than the tax dodgers sorry i mean amazon lol x

Thanks for that. I was just going to get them all from Amazon, but a quick search on Google came up with a website doing a PS4 game for £10 cheaper than Amazon. All the other stuff isn't cheaper though, but you've saved me a tenner!! :T

Emz xx
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Any chance you can pay HER say £100 before the due date, saying you had it then so paying her then while you had it & to expect balance when due & then see if she will confirm receipt of that? £400 is a lot to post through someones door especially when that someone is being an A S S.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Just read your diary and would strongly urge you to either bank transfer or knock on the door to hand over the cash however awkward it may be to your ex friend and get a receipt for it each month if she insists on cash. It also seems a bit strange that she says first there is no rush to pay you back and then obviously has second thoughts.

Borrowing money from friends usually ends in disaster sadly. Is it only electricity arrears you owe or do you have other debts?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Emzilla
    badmemory wrote: »
    Any chance you can pay HER say £100 before the due date, saying you had it then so paying her then while you had it & to expect balance when due & then see if she will confirm receipt of that? £400 is a lot to post through someones door especially when that someone is being an A S S.

Hi :)

Yeah, I did consider that. To be honest though, I'm not really looking forward to going there in the first place. I don't know if she'll be there and if she'll come out and have a go at me or make a scene.

I want to limit contact as much as possible until the debt has been paid and I never have to see or hear from her again.

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Just read your diary and would strongly urge you to either bank transfer or knock on the door to hand over the cash however awkward it may be to your ex friend and get a receipt for it each month if she insists on cash. It also seems a bit strange that she says first there is no rush to pay you back and then obviously has second thoughts.

Borrowing money from friends usually ends in disaster sadly. Is it only electricity arrears you owe or do you have other debts?

I know you're right, I just really don't want to see her. I'm going to put the first lot through the door and see what happens. I can't see her not acknowledging it, but if she doesn't, I'll then confront her.

I have got other debts, but they're not priority ones.

Emz xx
  • :o
    Emzilla wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I was just going to get them all from Amazon, but a quick search on Google came up with a website doing a PS4 game for £10 cheaper than Amazon. All the other stuff isn't cheaper though, but you've saved me a tenner!! :T

Emz xx
    i am not a fan of amazon can you tell lol Its mainly that amazon aint on top cashback

Theres are always cheaper alternatives out there and cheaper alternatives that dont charge so much for postage.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Emzilla
    Felt a bit rubbish yesterday. Stomach issues and I feel like a cold is starting to emerge. I still managed to do my 2-8 shift though. I've got the weekend off and am back Monday, so will try and take it easy.

I'm very impressed with the website I ordered the PS4 game from (shopto.net). I ordered it Thursday lunchtime and received it yesterday!! Very good service and the postage was free.

I placed my Amazon order yesterday and today's plan is to look for an item of clothing for my sister. I'm nearly done with my shopping now :j. I've got to get a few bits from M&S for my mum, but I redeemed for a £5 voucher from Swagbucks yesterday, which will help. I might see if I can get another during the week as they come through quite quickly, I can then get the stuff when OH gets paid.

We're going out for a meal with some friends tonight, which I could do without if I'm honest, but it will be nice to have a meal out.

Emz xx
  • Emz, am so so so sorry about your friend, money is such an awful thing. One of my friends lent another friend about 5000 and she paid it back but oh boy the friend did not let her forget about.

I am going out tonight, and I don't want to either! Got a stunning headache and feel dreadful but this friend holds grudges cos I get "ill" so much. I mean with migraines but she doesn't really know what one is like. Very annoying.

Obviously I second everyone's point re paying this weirdo in cash. But like you say, it is a bit difficult to do anything else. Really hope she writes back to say she received the money - the exact amount you put in the envelope.

I wouldn't have the balls to make that sort of demand.

Hope you enjoy your evening out XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family