Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Options

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,820 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    thanks for the chart kathryna, and well done to the SOTWs.

Bit of an odd day today as we've been travelling, so had a massive breakfast (for me) which has pretty much done us for the day.

B: 2 small slices wholemeal toast (HEXB), baked beans, mushrooms, lean bacon.

then the naughty bit....
    2 crumpets with a pat of butter each (2 x (5+2) = 14 syns)

and have been on speed snacks the rest of the day - red pepper, clementines, banana and 35g cheddar (HEXA).

This is only the second time I've had butter since starting SW in October and it was soooo nice ! Given that I used to have about four rounds of white toast with lashings of butter and marmalade most days (which is one of the reasons I need to lose weight) I think I deserved the treat.
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the chart Kathryn and well done on your loss! Congrats too to the slimmers of the week.

Another on plan day today, syns for breadcrumbs (3) an extra crispbread (1) and a tsp of honey (1) with rasps and yoghurt. Posting my menus here seems to keep me on track a bit better.

Tomorrow's menu:
    B Bran flakes yoghurt berries and honey
    L More cauli soup (I've got a gallon of it and no freezer room!) and a speedy omlette
    D Need to check what needs using up in the fridge - maybe chilli with a JP
    My last baby weighed 12lbs 13oz...... you just need a 10b baby!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good grief, how on earth did you do that??!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Thanks for that - will have a better look later
    Errrr not really. I was going swimming but since it’s got really cold that’s sort of been knocked on the head....that’s why I was heading for the gym.
    I cancelled Monday ...I was feeling ropey & my head wasn’t really in it.
    My consultant asked me to do a food diary & I know I’m miss repetitive but this week even more so because I just need comfort food - trying to avoid full fat chip shop chips lol
    Thanks guys for letting me whinge....much appreciated x
    We love it when someone has a whinge.... it is good for the soul x
    Make sure you shift your bottom at the gym... but remember if you jog/run that the pressure going through your knees is double your weight i.e. if you are 10 stone, there is 20 stone going through your knees..... walking is much better and more sustainable :D:D:D:D:D
    esmy wrote: »
    Thanks for the chart Kathryn and well done on your loss! Congrats too to the slimmers of the week.

Another on plan day today, syns for breadcrumbs (3) an extra crispbread (1) and a tsp of honey (1) with rasps and yoghurt. Posting my menus here seems to keep me on track a bit better.

Tomorrow's menu:
    B Bran flakes yoghurt berries and honey
    L More cauli soup (I've got a gallon of it and no freezer room!) and a speedy omlette
    D Need to check what needs using up in the fridge - maybe chilli with a JP

Good grief, how on earth did you do that??!

Can you take something out of your freezer and eat it, and freeze caulk soup... a girl can only take so much cauli soup!

The squeezing the baby out was easy... my first weighed 8 lb 11, my second weighed 10 lb 12, and my third.... well all I can say is I stopped at that one!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    1 off for me.

Not to bad considering a weekend away, and hospital day and a meal out.
    Fantastic kathryna . So pleased for you! :T
    My last baby weighed 12lbs 13oz......
    :eek:
    That's frightening!!

You'll get there gettingtheresometime . You've not been yourself at all recently but your mojo will come back. Why not write a meal plan for the coming week with a new recipe or two. Plenty of ideas on here. It doesn't have to be fancy. I just love egg and chips and a few mushrooms and beetroot. :)

I always think of SP as a low carb version of EE. So instead of a third each lean meat, carbs and veg you just have 50:50 lean meat and veg. You have your usual syns but no free food just protein, Speed and your HEXs. You can have an extra HEB if you do it 100%. I rarely do a full day but I often keep the carbs down a bit by having a SP lunch but then I don't have the extra HEB. It's only intended short term as a boost. HTH. :)
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Please whinge GettingThereSomeTime. It's good to have somewhere to vent how you are feeling, and we are all here to support each other.

Another day not feeling great for me. Some new drugs and my body aint used to them yet. But, going to try and stick to plan, because I want my 4stone back. Currently at 3st 11lb. I need to be in control of something in my life.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - Special 'fried' rice
    Dinner - stir fry

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - ?
    Syns - chilli sauce (2), stir fry sauce (3)
    Zebras rock
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I most certainly do not need a 12lb baby *grimace*

Finding out on Friday if we need a C Section or if they'll let her come naturally.

I must work out how to put a photo on before she's here!

An on plan day today:

B - Sausage sandwich and an apple

D - Chicken stew

T - Dirty rice

Syns - whatever I fancy

Milk for HEXA. In tea and a pint with my tea probably, the heartburn tends to hit around the early evening

BM - Lugging little legs about with me!
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    I most certainly do not need a 12lb baby *grimace*

Finding out on Friday if we need a C Section or if they'll let her come naturally.

I thought a 9.5lb baby was bad enough, but a 12lb one is enough to make your eyes water.

Fingers crossed you get whatever birth is best for you, as well as for TopBaby.

I use https://postimages.org/ for putting the charts up. It's really easy. Register, upload the picture, then copy and paste the 'Hotlinks for Forums' code in to your post.
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »

Just so you can show off afterwards how much you've lost!!:p:rotfl:
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Another day not feeling great for me. Some new drugs and my body aint used to them yet. But, going to try and stick to plan, because I want my 4stone back. Currently at 3st 11lb. I need to be in control of something in my life.

Sorry to hear that you're suffering more side effects kathrynha. Hopefully the new drugs will settle down very soon. I really resonate with the control. I'd be devastated if I allowed myself to go back to being fat again but we must keep a perspective. 3 lbs is nothing in the scheme of things. What matters is we keep plodding on and don't let it get out of control.:A I'll be as delighted as you are when that 3lbs (and more) comes off but we're not going to beat ourselves up about it if it takes time. Right?;)

I had a piece of chocolate last night so, with today's bread, I'll have just 7 syns left. That's sailing close to the wind as I could only estimate last Saturday's restaurant meal. nest week doesn't look any better as Christmas events are starting to kick in. I now understand the people who come to group, don't lose, and say they'd gain more if they stayed away.:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, 2 boiled eggs, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: lentil and veg soup, apple and cottage cheese
    D: SW Spaghetti Bolognese
    Syns: chocolate (yesterday) 3.5, xtra bread 2.5, sprinkle of Parmesan??
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done losers and SsOTW. Probably not going to weigh tomorrow as definitely over syns this week - the whiskey & hot lemon doesn't help the syns but helps me sleep a bit better!

Today's plan:

B - Coconut baked oats (0.5 HEB + 0.5) (I make 2 in muffin tins and will have the other for pudding later)
    L - lentil dahl; melba toast (3 syns)
    D - Egg, bacon, mushrooms, beans; coconut baked oats (0.5 HEB + 0.5)

HEA - milk
    HEB - porridge
    Syns - coconut 1;wm bread 3

Denise
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,820 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Todays plan from me;

Cheese (HEXA) wholemal sandwich (HEXB) for brunch.

Gammon, mashed potatoes and peas for tea, with parsley sauce (about 6 syns worth I expect, + 1 for the milk in the mash)

For th record, I drink either black coffee, fruit tea, NAS lemon squash or cherry pepsi max depending on my mood and the weather - all are free so I never bother to put those down here, although I do write them in my food diary.

Snacks: banana, grapes, clementines, red pepper strips.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure